Never doing business with Sweetwater again

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by beyer160, Sep 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beyer160

beyer160 Friend of Leo's

In all fairness I hardly ever bought anything from them anyway because I can almost always get stuff cheaper elsewhere, but after this morning, I'm done.

They called me again.

I've lost track of the number of times I've told them not to. I've emailed. I've told them over the phone. I'd send a Pony friggin' Express if I thought it'd work.

So this morning, I was in a text exchange with a co-worker who was having a technical problem. I don't do life or death kind of work, but it does get pretty stressful at times. This was one of those times. And as I was typing, my text screen disappeared in order to let me know I had a call from Fort Wayne Indiana.

I was livid.

Sure, all I had to do was hang up and go back to my text, but this intrusion illustrated how downright rude it is to spam your customers with cold calls. I decided I couldn't do business with a company that had so little respect for me and my time, and I emailed my "sales engineer" and told him to delete my account.

Maybe I sound like an old crank. I just figure life's too short to put up with BS.

2. FloInPA

FloInPA TDPRI Member

I've never had this issue, so I suspect the problem is your sales engineer and not with Sweetwater. The only time they contact me by phone is when I've ordered something and usually it's when it's something expensive. Otherwise I just get an e-mail from my guy.

Telecaster88, swany, uriah1 and 3 others like this.
  3. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Doctor of Teleocity

You sure fixed them!

As a practical matter, incoming calls are a fact of life, and you can't control them. You will be happier if you just learn to deal with the occasional interruption without losing your composure.

Nubs, NewKid, getbent and 4 others like this.
  4. E5RSY

E5RSY Doctor of Teleocity

Strange. I buy stuff from them on a regular basis; little stuff usually. Picks, strings, straps. They NEVER call me. I did ask them to quit sending me the giant paper catalog, and they have honored that.

Also, I finally opened an actual online account with them awhile back and now have direct control over my contact preferences. May not be what you want to do right now, but may think about it if you don't have an account already.

I like them because for this stuff they are like Amazon Prime for me, but without the annual fee.

uriah1 and FloInPA like this.
  5. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

Now where will you get free candy? :cry:

6. Commodore 64

Commodore 64 Friend of Leo's

Yes, they call. They leave a message. They probably don't want to talk to you either. Just let them leave a message.

Obsessed and fendrguitplayr like this.
  7. jjudas

jjudas Tele-Meister

I like it when they call me.

howardlo likes this.
  8. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

Why? Those were perfect for the outhouse!

nojazzhere, DavidP and E5RSY like this.
  9. Flat6Driver

Flat6Driver Friend of Leo's

I need them to call my wife instead with "suggestions" for stuff I want.

Or my band mates ..."hey you should be practicing!"

PlainAllman and nojazzhere like this.
  10. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I filter all my unknown number calls through voicemail and check them at the end of the day. Eliminated nuisance calls and reduced time wasters wanting quotes from me for the work I do. I explain to customers this is how it is due to large businesses these days having no morals or respect for people.

I've been a small business owner for 3 decades and wouldn't dream of cold calling anyone.
    I make a mental note of any business that cold calls me and never deal with them in the future.

stevemc and drf64 like this.
  11. Antmax

Antmax Tele-Meister

I gave Sweetwater my landline. They leave a voice message I can check out later. I hardly ever give out my cell phone number casually. I realize not everyone has a landline but it's useful if you do international calls with family and occasionally clients and businesses like sweetwater. Sweetwater does have caller ID, or at least when my rep calls it shows up as Sweetwater.

I chuckled when they called me once to let me know my picks had shipped, and later hoping that I was happy with the pack of 6 flow picks I bought on sale for $4 and to be sure to let them know if they could help me with anything regarding them.

I was surprised I still got the packet of sweeties, warranty card thingy with such a small purchase.

They are a good company, the phone calls are a sometimes a bit odd. I guess it's part of their policy. I understand it if you buy something moderately expensive and maybe technical. Seemed a bit OTT for such a small purchase.

I just bought a TC Electronics Unitune clip earlier this week and as far as I know only got emails this time.

FloInPA likes this.
  12. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Friend of Leo's

the guy behind the fence by the school with the sunglasses???

13. Fuelish

Fuelish Tele-Meister

foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, east TN
    Last thing I got from them, they neglected to include the free candy ….thought about letting them know, but my wife said "don't be a jerk" ….she probably said that because it's the guitar SHE ordered for me as a surprise b-day present. Most expensive thing we've ordered from them, …..and no candy ???!!!???

drf64 likes this.
  14. Commodore 64

Commodore 64 Friend of Leo's

No, not that guy. The one with the mullet and Member's Only jacket.

drf64 likes this.
  15. Chunkocaster

You could send it back and say it was missing the candy.
    Not sure i'd want to risk eating the candy when they send it out a second time though.

Steve 78 and dlew919 like this.
  16. Chunkocaster

… .

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  17. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

18. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

^ This ^

schmee and hdvades like this.
  19. Chunkocaster

You could call them every day and talk to them about random gear without ever actually buying anything. My guess is they will stop calling if you do that. They might even block you if you do a good enough job of wasting their time.

bender66 and Antmax like this.
  20. The Angle

The Angle Tele-Holic

Any reputable business that doesn't remove you from its call list after you ask, begins to look like a not-so-reputable business. That's not a courtesy, it's a legal requirement. I'm surprised it happened with Sweetwater, because I've never been anything but pleased with them and their customer service. In this situation, I can't say I blame you for being POed. It's not the call, or the timing of the call; it's being kept on the call list after telling them to remove you.

mad dog and nojazzhere like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.