Netflix Increasing Shareholder Value Again

GeneB

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Just got notified they are raising their monthly rates from $13.99/month to $15.49 month. They justified by saying haven't raised their rate in over 13 months. Personally I am a bit miffed at the fact that the last two made for Netflix series we watched all the way through got cancelled ... no season 2. And Cowboy Bebop ended on a cliff hanger! Now I'll never know what happened to Ein the Wonder Corgi. I think a cancellation is in our future and maybe HBO will replace it.

moosie

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I haven't found anything I wanted to watch on Netflix for several years, at least. My wife watches some stuff though.

What's the 13 months bit? I wish I could raise my prices 10% a year.

burtf51

Tele-Afflicted
I cancelled NF about 6 months back. All the networks will have a season or two of something interesting and then cancel or it'll take a 100 years to come out with a new season or not at all. Found some pretty good old things on Tubi but then I like old and hate all the crap that has to be so modern and politically correct says the apolitical old timer

Jared Purdy

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Just got notified they are raising their monthly rates from $13.99/month to $15.49 month. They justified by saying haven't raised their rate in over 13 months. Personally I am a bit miffed at the fact that the last two made for Netflix series we watched all the way through got cancelled ... no season 2. And Cowboy Bebop ended on a cliff hanger! Now I'll never know what happened to Ein the Wonder Corgi. I think a cancellation is in our future and maybe HBO will replace it.
Getting close to cancelling the service. I much prefer Prime. What has Netflix done for me in the last year? Nothing.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Odd you mention this now. I JUST finished a six episode series on Netflix, first thing I've watched there in a LONG time.....Behind Her Eyes. Actually very good and mind-blowing. I'm gonna have a hard look at Netflix programming, though, and decide whether to keep it or not. Like many of us here, I NEVER go out to movies anymore, so the TV is the sole source for my non-guitar-playing entertainment. My grandson is the one who handles our Prime and Netflix, (I just give him an allowance that covers all that and other stuff I help with) so I'll leave it to him as to continue or not. BTW.....has anyone's grocery, gasoline, restaurant, etc. bills NOT gone up recently? I guess this is why my Social Security is increasing a nickel or two each month this year. ;)

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
If you have a retirement plan that doesn't involve stuffing cash in a mattress, odds are quite good some of that wealth is being sent your way.
You’re actually quite right. I’m very comfortable in retirement and inflation is a nuisance that has no real effect on how I live. I’m not a 1%er. I’m a retired degreed professional and that makes all the difference in the world. But read through posts about economic problems here on TDPRI. My case is uncommon. Many members are bleeding out slowly. And they’re doing better than those who are down to their last few drops. The economy doesn’t have to be predatory and doesn’t have to pillage the planet. That’s all. I don’t want to close the thread.

loopfinding

Friend of Leo's
netflix has become pretty awful. i remember when they had classics like kurosawa or amc style stuff, but now it's just whatever they're trying to push. i did mildly enjoy squid game (though i did not like how it was just "well done" and didn't try to subvert the well-trodden battle royale genre), and that's about it.

prime generally has the best stuff, i can get all my kubrick, almodovar, cronenberg, cohen brothers, etc. fix or real documentaries (instead of edutainment or high budget murder mystery TV) like dark days on it, despite sometimes having to pay a 2-3 dollar fee.

And Cowboy Bebop ended on a cliff hanger! Now I'll never know what happened to Ein the Wonder Corgi. I think a cancellation is in our future and maybe HBO will replace it.

i couldn't make it past the 6th episode. the original series is essentially "space mafia noir western," and the central theme is the past is gone forever but also there to screw you if you try to reconcile it. the netflix remake entirely missed the point, and was basically just a marvel superhero movie with cosplay and some forced "soap opera" character development. and also dissed yoko kanno, who did a great job reassembling musicians/redoing the compositions and then just putting her music so low in the background, when the original show is so heavily carried by her music.

i just can't wait til they get the idea to turn neon genesis evangelion into transformers.

Last edited: