netflix : Berlin Babylon

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Holic
Season 4 is getting released in Germany early 2022. Then the rest of the world a month or two after.
Filming of season 4 finished in September this year.

I think you can gather from the above that I'm a major fan.
Along with Chernobyl it's been one of my favourite shows.

I've been brushing up on my school level German in anticipation of the new season.

Believer

Tele-Meister
I'm a history guy. This look at between-the-wars Germany is fascinating. My only criticism is that at times it seems a little too sympathetic to the Communists. Overall, though, I think it is a great show.

Ed Driscoll

Friend of Leo's
I don't think it's an especially accurate history of the Weimar era, anymore than Miami Vice was a documentary about Florida's drug wars in the mid-1980s. But it's great television. Looking forward to the next season.

SnidelyWhiplash

Friend of Leo's
I tried to watch the first season. It was OK, but I tired quickly of reading English subtitles. German is such a guttural language. I wish I could understand it much better. :(

3fngrs

Poster Extraordinaire
I watched Boardwalk Empire and rather liked it. I've tried to watch Peaky Blinders but haven't quite gotten into it. Should try again.

So, Babylon Berlin in in German?

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
I watched Boardwalk Empire and rather liked it. I've tried to watch Peaky Blinders but haven't quite gotten into it. Should try again.

So, Babylon Berlin in in German?
Yes, it's in German. Do yourself and your brain a favour and clamber over the "one inch barrier" of the subtitles! You can't play with your phone at the same time and imho that's a good thing:).
I've seen the first two series and enjoyed it greatly, my only real complaint being some anachronistic and unrealistic (but dramatic!) use of CPR. Great characters and some very good writing.
I will watch series 3 sometime, but I'm very slow by modern standards... I need to finish Squid Game first...

northernguitar

Poster Extraordinaire
Yes, it's in German. Do yourself and your brain a favour and clamber over the "one inch barrier" of the subtitles! You can't play with your phone at the same time and imho that's a good thing:).
I've seen the first two series and enjoyed it greatly, my only real complaint being some anachronistic and unrealistic (but dramatic!) use of CPR. Great characters and some very good writing.
I will watch series 3 sometime, but I'm very slow by modern standards... I need to finish Squid Game first...
Yes, definitely watch in German with English subtitles.