1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NEPD!

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Swoop, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Swoop

Swoop Tele-Meister

New echo pedal day, and it's huge (that's what she said)! It's a Danelectro Reel Echo. Really is a quite sizeable unit.

[​IMG]

Sounds very cool though. I mainly use it for slap echo. It has some cool features too, I think. It has the usual mix and repeat controls, but also a 'lo-fi' control, which is basically like a tone control. Very useful I find. It can also be switched between 'tube' and 'solid state' mode. Solid state, as you might expect, sounds very clean and clinical. Tube mode is warmer, and slightly noisier. Can also be used in stereo. Sadly I haven't been able to try this out yet as I don't have enough cables.

The warble feature emulates the momentary speeding up and slowing down inherent in a tape machine. Not something I'm that interested in personally.

Overally, very happy with my purchase. Has more features than most of the cheaper pedals (like the lo-fi control, and the solid state/tube switching), but not superfluous features that I'd never use. Pretty reasonably priced, I thought. I also looked at the Wampler Faux Tape Echo, but it had features I'd never make use of, and is very pricey, though sounds great and is beautifully made.

2. mitch_m

mitch_m Tele-Holic

When I read the title I thought, "New Expression Pedal Day?"

Echo Pedal is much better. How long can the delay get on those things? How much did you pay?

3. braderrick

braderrick Tele-Afflicted

I was thinking "New Expensive Pedal Day" which would probably work in this case too haha.

4. Swoop

Swoop Tele-Meister

I paid $169NZ, which is very reasonable actually. Works out at about $135US. I think they retail for $149 stateside, but you can probably get them cheaper. Must be one of the few pieces of guitar gear that is cheaper here (or at least roughly par) than in the US. The Wampler I was considering would've been nearly $300NZ.

You can get up to 1.5 seconds of delay with the Reel Echo, which is pretty darn long.

5. mitch_m

mitch_m Tele-Holic

Nice! Not too expensive. Nice delay time as well. But alas, I see an El Cap in my future and already have a Nova Delay on my board...

I hope you get some good use out of it!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.