1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Neil Young's 450 Tweed Deluxes

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Larry F, May 31, 2013.

1. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Shhh! Neil might be lurking here, and if he remembers that he has 6L6s and bigger iron in his favorite amp he might freak out at the realization that he's been buying all of these other amps for no good reason.

2. dannew02

dannew02 Friend of Leo's

I think the more important question here is, what would it sound like with ALL 450 of them going at once? (Besides loud, I mean)

3. mr natural

mr natural Friend of Leo's

Hahaha. My first thought exactly. I'd love to hear that. From a safe distance, of course. I do remember reading an interview with Neil many years ago where he talked about finding his number 1 amp in the music store. He said that he pluged in, cranked it up, played a chord and the whole room started vibrating. He said that he knew immediately that he'd found his amp.
    -Mr. N.

4. k.l.k

k.l.k Tele-Holic

indeed. even if 450 is the correct number (and i doubt that we could ever know), what else should they be doing? realistically, most of them'd be in the hands of a small cluster of techie collectors who either cellar them or spend their odd free moments trying to recreate old neil young solos.

stacks of good clones now for gigging musicians.

5. beach bob

beach bob Friend of Leo's

Well Larry, that all sounds most daunting. At least, to me it does :D

But it certainly is an interesting thing to consider. The researchers are welcome to inspect and test mine, if the research ever comes to fruition.

Always enjoy your well considered, scholarly postings, Larry... definitely some interesting food for thought... :idea:

6. daveandshelle

daveandshelle Tele-Afflicted

Hmm..Old stinky fire hazard amps...well Mr. Beauregard I do delcare..:lol: That has to be one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever heard...Just as a side note I wear a cologne called old amp stink :lol: Man I love that smell..any electrical appliance can be a hazard if not cared for properly..

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.