Neil Young "Barn" Movie!

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
After watching half of the Interview about the Barn I realize that other than liking cool gear and playing music, I have nothing in common with Mr. Young and am glad that I've spent very little money on his music. Talk about an obtuse individual.

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
Jo
After watching half of the Interview about the Barn I realize that other than liking cool gear and playing music, I have nothing in common with Mr. Young and am glad that I've spent very little money on his music. Talk about an obtuse individual.

Thanks for posting that, I really enjoyed the interview!

mrbdxmpl

Tele-Holic
Its good to see the original Horse still at it. I watched about half so far will watch more latter. Whiskey for the Boys, Beer for the Horse. They started the Horse in a Barn in VA.
Uh, it’s not the original Horse - it hasn’t been since Danny Whitten died. You should look it up - Neil wrote an album about it.

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Just goes with the territory of being an artist. That's usually what they do, share their opinions. Most often in the lyrics of their songs. Would be a pretty dull music world, if no one could write lyrics that some folks don't agree with.

I wasn't talking about the artist, I was referring to the usual threadcrapping and thinly-veiled references to politics that comes along with every Neil Young thread.

Larry F

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
I taught at Columbia College Chicago in the 80s-90s. Daryl Hannah was a student before I got there. Some of my colleagues got their jollies out of peering and leering at her sitting in class. She was known for her striking beauty even then, along with the reputation she had early in her career as being intellectually slow. More about that is explained now, as being on the spectrum.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I taught at Columbia College Chicago in the 80s-90s. Daryl Hannah was a student before I got there. Some of my colleagues got their jollies out of peering and leering at her sitting in class. She was known for her striking beauty even then, along with the reputation she had early in her career as being intellectually slow. More about that is explained now, as being on the spectrum.
I knew that she played roles that made her appear to not be intellectually gifted (pris in blade runner) but, to hear her speak, she is articulate and thoughtful... interesting take that people would gawk at her beauty and run her down as dumb.

I looked up her bio and she attended USC.... no mention of Columbia College, but her bio does state that she is autistic and overcame a lot of obstacles to reach her career goals. Neil, similarly, in his dad's book, has some health issues that likewise put him on the spectrum.

Kinda cool that both of them rose above the gawkers and the knockers and achieved what they achieved.

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
I wasn't talking about the artist, I was referring to the usual threadcrapping and thinly-veiled references to politics that comes along with every Neil Young thread.

Actually there are ways to discuss things like Neil Young's views in a forum like this, but someone always goes over the line. Then the IBTL posters show up, like crows circling over a deer about to be taken out by a cougar.

boneyguy

Doctor of Teleocity
NY never asked Spotify to fire anyone. He simply told his management to remove his music from the platform because he didn't want to support a place that lets an ignorant boob tell people to go play in traffic. It's his music, he can do what he wants with it for whatever reason he chooses.

And Spotify has removed his music....so everybody wins I guess. I love most of NY's music BTW.

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
I've never played this song before, but I watched that video and have been noodling around with it. Then I asked Alexa to play NY playing it so I could play along to try to get a feel for the groove, and this is where I'm at so far.

Last edited:

jaxjaxon

Tele-Holic
Uh, it’s not the original Horse - it hasn’t been since Danny Whitten died. You should look it up - Neil wrote an album about it.
Original members are Billy Talbot, Ralph Molina, Nils Lofgren, they are still alive and Jack Nitzsche, Danny Witten are no longer here Danny died of a heroin OD shortly after the debut LP, Needle and the Damage done. Jack Nitzsche was a famous composer song Wrighter before Crazy Horse and after. And the members who played on Barn are. So dont tell me whats what.

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Original members are Billy Talbot, Ralph Molina, Nils Lofgren, they are still alive and Jack Nitzsche, Danny Witten are no longer here Danny died of a heroin OD shortly after the debut LP, Needle and the Damage done. Jack Nitzsche was a famous composer song Wrighter before Crazy Horse and after. And the members who played on Barn are. So dont tell me whats what.

As I recall they were The Rockets and it was Witten, Molina and Talbot. Nitzche and Nils came on when they backed NY but only for a couple years if that.

The longest line up was Sampedro, Molina and Talbot. Sampedro has retired from what I gather....

That short period when they had Witten, Molina, Talbot, Nils and Nitzche was pretty hot but short lived unfortunately...

Zoso420

Tele-Holic
Cat get behind a dude who offloads his wife for “Daryl Hannah.” Then we have to listen to him talk about how great she is. No thanks... I prefer people to stick together... I’m old fashioned. Lost all my respect for this guy.
Are you also still mad at Les Paul for breaking up with Mary Ford?