Neil Young "Barn" Movie!

StrangerNY

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I didn't know there was a film. It was a story I read about Neil. On a mailing list...they had t-shirts made up. Maybe we're talking about two different things?
The film is the one the OP posted.

The story is about Neil taking someone out in a boat on his pond with speakers set up to listen to a mix, one of the stacks was in the barn. It wasn't as loud as the other so he yelled to his engineer 'Needs more barn!'

That's the story I was thinking of, anyway.

Went looking, it was Graham Nash.

"In September of 1971, Neil Young took Graham Nash out on his lake in a rowboat and blasted his new album, Harvest. He’d wired his Northern California ranch house as the left speaker and a barn as the right speaker; as the record played, his producer, Elliot Mazer, ran down to the shore to ask how it sounded. “More barn!” Young famously yelled."

- D

Flat6Driver

Friend of Leo's
The film is the one the OP posted.

The story is about Neil taking someone out in a boat on his pond with speakers set up to listen to a mix, one of the stacks was in the barn. It wasn't as loud as the other so he yelled to his engineer 'Needs more barn!'

That's the story I was thinking of, anyway.

- D

That's the one!
I read it wrong that you laughed at the name of a movie, but it was THIS movie. Different barn.

Were you part of the [email protected] mailing list?

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
...I remember being a huge fan of BB King and then having my (then) wife tell me of his very crude, crass and obscene attempt at seducing her as a 22 year old. I fumed for a month or two, but, you know, Live at the Regal is a really good record. I still have that record....
Mrs R has had a few folks (that you may well have heard of) who've made similar 'interesting' suggestions to her back in the 80's.

I won't mention names, because they are still alive and can afford better lawyers than we can.

57joonya

Tele-Afflicted
Very cool to see these guys rocking, what a beautiful scenic background to record some music . I dig it, only got to watch it for about ten minutes before my 12 yr old told me to turn it down . But I will revisit this

jaxjaxon

Tele-Holic
Its good to see the original Horse still at it. I watched about half so far will watch more latter. Whiskey for the Boys, Beer for the Horse. They started the Horse in a Barn in VA.

DougM

Poster Extraordinaire
I'd rather see a film of the original barn sessions, from the recording of the Harvest album. And, I thought that Neil gave Peg the ranch in the divorce. Did he buy it back from his kids after she died and they inherited it?

beyer160

Poster Extraordinaire
Neil, I'll watch that 'Barn' movie but only if Joe Rogan can keep his job!! :p What a whacky world!

NY never asked Spotify to fire anyone. He simply told his management to remove his music from the platform because he didn't want to support a place that lets an ignorant boob tell people to go play in traffic. It's his music, he can do what he wants with it for whatever reason he chooses.

Flat6Driver

Friend of Leo's
NY never asked Spotify to fire anyone. He simply told his management to remove his music from the platform because he didn't want to support a place that lets an ignorant boob tell people to go play in traffic. It's his music, he can do what he wants with it for whatever reason he chooses.

I thought that we weren't allowed to talk about boobs here! Nevertheless, that's all subjective depending on your perspective.

Does the artist own the music on Spotify? Or does the label? There's been a lot of foot stomping artists wanting their music taken out of things they don't agree with but they actually have no control. They just use the media as a way to raise a fuss.

I know NY isn't a part of this, but I was looking for an ad where people were up in arms about TYC being used in an ad. It's been in quite a few:

beyer160

Poster Extraordinaire
Does the artist own the music on Spotify? Or does the label? There's been a lot of foot stomping artists wanting their music taken out of things they don't agree with but they actually have no control. They just use the media as a way to raise a fuss.

It all depends on how business savvy the artist and their management are. Neil Young has control of his catalog, he's kept it off Spotify before. Taylor Swift has, too.