Neil Young "Barn" Movie!

Yesyoudidyouare

Tele-Meister
Cat get behind a dude who offloads his wife for “Daryl Hannah.” Then we have to listen to him talk about how great she is. No thanks... I prefer people to stick together... I’m old fashioned. Lost all my respect for this guy.

Flat6Driver

Friend of Leo's
Cat get behind a dude who offloads his wife for “Daryl Hannah.” Then we have to listen to him talk about how great she is. No thanks... I prefer people to stick together... I’m old fashioned. Lost all my respect for this guy.

What is the story behind this? I used to be a bigger NY fan than I am now, I guess, and I sort of lost touch with what's gone on.

teletimetx

Doctor of Teleocity

If only we all could live lives free from questionable choices.

What kind of rock will you bring to the stoning? I’ve heard that something the size of a grapefruit does the most damage.

hemingway

Poster Extraordinaire
I think Barn is probably his best album for 15 years (which, ok, might not be saying much), so I'll be giving it a watch.

As for his personal life? Marriages sometimes end. It happens. It happened to mine. I prefer people who don't rush to judge other people.

rand z

Friend of Leo's
Not that it really makes any difference, because I agree...

(and I don't feel the same about Neil, or his music, as I did 40 year's ago)

BUT...

I heard through a pretty reliable source that Peggy, knowing she was terminally ill, let Neil go.

These peeps are of a different ilk than most of us "normal" peeps.

Think: Ginsberg; Cassady; Guthrie; Kerouac, etc.

They march to a different drummer.

Im not saying it's right...

just, different.

imo.

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member

NY has ALWAYS been a piece of work! I can provide numerous non musical issues I don't dig about him. BUT I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't hold ALL artists to a certain standard. Not to give a pass per se but realize I aint in their shoes and have no where near the information to make a judgement nor do I want to start digging into their lives to deem if they are worthy of my listening to them....

I watched most of it for the music and gear! Kinda cool to see these old timers still rocking.

Bob Womack

Friend of Leo's
Ol' Neil loves to put off the rustic vibe, but Guy Charbonneau's Le Mobile is on top of the pack for remote trucks. I've actually been aboard that truck. It features a Neve 8058 console and Studer A800 multitrack. I spent the first decade of my career recording on a pair of 8058s and an 8024. They are fantastic. Not rustic at all.

Bob

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
Old fashioned? You're 35. He and Pegi were married for 36 years and they both had a lot of respect and love for each other up until she passed. I've been married for 25 and can tell you that if I were in the limelight and got divorced, people wouldn't know jack about our 25 years together or what might have led to the need to go our separate ways. I don't get how people judge others and know absolutely nothing other than "He left her for Hannah!" E.g. What the media feeds us. Hate to break it to ya, but marriage ain't that black and white, especially after 30+ years.

beyer160

Poster Extraordinaire

There must not be much music left you can listen to, as nearly every famous rock musician ever has done WAY worse than this.

Whatever you do, don't start reading about Led Zeppelin.

hemingway

Poster Extraordinaire
There must not be much music left you can listen to, as nearly every famous rock musician ever has done WAY worse than this.

Whatever you do, don't start reading about Led Zeppelin.

Artists are by definition damaged people, trying, through their work, to constantly heal a would that won't heal.

And yet some people expect them to behave as though they were model citizens.

sixstringbastard

Friend of Leo's
Wait until you hear about Elvis Presley... Or John Lennon... Or Mike Love... Or Jerry Lee Lewis... or Gregg Allman... or Roger Waters... or Bruce Springsteen... Or Paul McCartney...

Et Cetera...

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire
Ol' Neil loves to put off the rustic vibe, but Guy Charbonneau's Le Mobile is on top of the pack for remote trucks. I've actually been aboard that truck. It features a Neve 8058 console and Studer A800 multitrack. I spent the first decade of my career recording on a pair of 8058s and an 8024. They are fantastic. Not rustic at all.

Bob

I don't think Neil's ever been about low fi, though.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
look on the bright side. Daryl Hannah beat her last boyfriend up and got him to take the blame for it. So, Pris is a force to be reckoned with. Neil left someone else for Pegi, so Pegi knew who she was getting. Their life had been as much business and history for many years as the kind of romance we have in our heads as kids.

in the words of the great Tom Johnston--> what the people need is a way to make them smile.

I remember being a huge fan of BB King and then having my (then) wife tell me of his very crude, crass and obscene attempt at seducing her as a 22 year old. I fumed for a month or two, but, you know, Live at the Regal is a really good record. I still have that record....