Neighbor shoots constantly, everyday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

39martind18

Friend of Leo's
Had a similar situation while living in an apartment off campus. It didn't involve gunfire, but it did involve brass in the form of a trombone the guy I shared a common wall with practiced. He practiced at 5:00 am, and I would get home from my gig and get to bed around 2:30. Needless to say, this disrupted my sleep on a nightly basis. I talked to him, to no avail. So, one night I brought home my PA rig (Kustom 2x15 +horn in each of two cabs) and the 200 watt head. I gently placed the PA cabinets against the common wall between our bedrooms, turned on the head, dimed all controls, plugged in my guitar, cranked the output, and at the stroke of 3:00 am, hit a mighty E chord, turned everything off, and went to bed- no more #^%^^% trombone at 5 am from then on.

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Sat morning here and the valley resounded to the beat of LOUD dance music.... like, hear it for a 1/2 mile kinda loud....for half an hour.

then it went back to quiet ..

I'm thinking it was a sound check for a proper dance party tonight across the way..... ;)

RifleSlinger

Tele-Meister
I might be living the dream. I live in the middle of my 40 acre plot, off grid.

My neighbor shoots too. I like guns too, but look to my land as a place of repose in nature. It gets a little old.

Anyway, I don't have a good room to record in, so I took my Super Reverb outside. Had to turn it up enough to overcome ambient noise. Happened to be pointed down the valley where the people are. That was fun.

Flat6Driver

Friend of Leo's
Or you try this.

Attachments

• 1653306569.png
    1653306569.png
    411.4 KB · Views: 15

ale.istotle

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I live in a fairly dense suburb. I hear gunfire all the time. At first i thought roofers were doing an entire street. Then i thought someone enjoys fireworks a bit too much. No sense reporting to the police. It’s their practice range on a plot of municipal land about half a mile across the valley. At least its not too early or too late when they shoot.

Spox

Tele-Meister
One of my friends is a career drinker and his concept of time differs from most peoples, he texts me at weird hours of the night and did so yesterday saying that he had been sitting playing his banjo for an hour or so then realised that it was 4am. He has neighbours through the walls and below. At his last flat his downstairs neighbours, husband and wife, kicked his door in one night and attacked him.

Going back thirty years I lived in a shared flat from hell. I was still with eyegouge woman and a friend had just got divorced and we got a shared flat with another friend. It was a 24/7/365 party flat, my room was at the front, it was ground floor so I would have people banging my window to get in when the pubs and clubs emptied. Eventually it got old and I moved out because me and the divorcee were going to end up killing each other, the other friend had contributed nothing towards the bills, would steal our food and one day announced that he was off to India on a voyage of discovery so another party monster moved in in his place. A year after I moved out I would have distraught neighbours coming up to me in the supermarket saying that I had to do something about the noise and behaviour and I would offer my sympathy but say that I no longer lived there. I would still visit, the place was wrecked, the bath had a hole kicked in the side and was filled to brim with empty whisky bottles and the cats were using the bathroom floor as a litter tray. They had taken to collecting knives and one time whilst visiting I drew one and they all looked at me and said "honour", it turned out that if a knife was drawn in the house blood had to be drawn with it before it could be sheathed again. I looked at them and they were all covered in cuts across their arms and in some cases faces, they were clearly doing it to each other too. One night the divorcee couldn't unclench his teeth or fists, he'd ben cutting himself with a knife he'd been using to open tins of catfood and had caught blood poisoning from it. It eventually all came to an end when he knocked his best friends teeth out with a whisky bottle and went to prison for it, the police weren't interested so the other guy took out a private prosecution hoping for compensation money.

Around 2009 I visited the divorcee, he had wound up in a flat around the corner from the old one and when I visited it was like going back in time, middle of the afternoon and the same people lying unconscious on the floor as the flat in the early 90s. As far as I know he's still there but a really bad bunch frequent the flat.

PCollen

Friend of Leo's
Now, I don't mind some shooting. I like guns and live out in the country and I'll pop off some rounds from time to time but this is getting out of control and making my dog a nervous wreck.

What I need is this:
View attachment 987558
And this:
View attachment 987557

And a couple of these:
View attachment 987559

Crank all of that, point it towards that neighbor, plug in my Les Paul and let them hear "Highway to Hell" for a couple of hours at a time.

When I play guitar you will listen to guitar!!!
Maybe Hickok45 relocated to your neighborhood.......... https://www.youtube.com/user/hickok45

sax4blues

Poster Extraordinaire
As a city guy what cracks me up is living in the country so a person can do what they want, and then being bugged the other country people do what they want.

I wonder how many people are going to appreciate the Marshal full stack response to the shooting?

loopfinding

Friend of Leo's
Only problem these days is that they might not. 🤕

Yeah. I hate the social politics of loudness. You can shoot or run yard equipment or power tools at excessive levels, but as soon as it’s related to music or festivities, time to call the cops. No fun allowed, you must be a witch or heretic or something. Either it's all cool or it's not, pick one.

scottser

Friend of Leo's
Now, I don't mind some shooting. I like guns and live out in the country and I'll pop off some rounds from time to time but this is getting out of control and making my dog a nervous wreck.

What I need is this:
View attachment 987558
And this:
View attachment 987557

And a couple of these:
View attachment 987559

Crank all of that, point it towards that neighbor, plug in my Les Paul and let them hear "Highway to Hell" for a couple of hours at a time.

When I play guitar you will listen to guitar!!!
May I suggest 'gone shootin' instead? Or maybe an ac/dc tune that incorporates a weapon firing, like 'jailbreak' or 'for those about to rock'?

Status
Not open for further replies.