Need Same Amp But Bigger

teleMc

Tele-Meister
If you don't mind lugging the gear... I've used a 300W D Class Powered Wedge With an E609 on my Magnatone 280 and direct for my acoustic. You can set your tone on the amp then adjust your stage volume at the power amp according to situation.

Last edited:

gentrywhite

TDPRI Member
Get a 1/4" Y splitter and run both amps at the same time. Best to have them right next to each other. With the speakers next to each other you get a little extra output as the speakers act together and couple to the air better.

View attachment 1046541
Even better get a stereo delay and split with that setting one side to full wet 20 ms delay time see the Haas effect. Incredibly lush sound.

stantheman

Doctor of Teleocity
Stop!!!
Keep the Amplifiers!!!
Get SHURE SM-57's and "mic up"!!!
Neil Young's been doing it this way
with two Tweed Deluxes since he
Played The First Thanksgiving for
The Pilgrims.
You like them Epiphones?
Mic 'em up.
My Blood Pressure's going wild.
Pass me a Nitro.

63 vibroverb

Tele-Afflicted
There’s an Epiphone Valve Senior that’s 20 watts. Also, the recent Gibson GA20RVT from the 2000’s is killer. Laney Lionheart will cop the class A feel/sound.

The Weber DT12 is somewhere around 93-94 dB sensitivity. You’ll gain a lot of volume going to speakers that are 101 dB.

Henry Mars

Tele-Afflicted
I used to use a VJ. We just mic'ed it. You could run 2 of them with a splinter but it won't get you much. I have 2 A/B/y splitters, active and passive. Mostly for when i need two guitars or 2 different amps. What you need is PA that can handle your band.

68goldtop

Tele-Meister
Hi!
... You could run 2 of them with a splinter but it won't get you much...
I don´t think so.
A while back I tried a two combo-setup (15-watts each) and was amazed at HOW much louder they were (combined)!
Never even bothered to try that on stage ;)

cheers - 68.

Last edited:

marshman

Poster Extraordinaire
As someone else noted, there's something about single-ended tone that push-pulls just can't seem to replicate exactly. And I've never actually played them, but the only real single-ended, higher-powered options are the Laney Lionheart, available as a 20-watt, 4xEL84 head or combo for real coin, or the Victoria Regal (II), capable of running any common octal tube in single ended for close to 20 watts, but octals sound a bit different, though the Regal has a full tone stack which can allow you to tweak the tone a lot more thoroughly than the VJr. Oh, and they are very serious coin.

The first stop for me in the 'same tone just louder' is speaker selection. Since you've made it clear you have a speaker your very happy with, popping up to a 2x12 should make the amp louder without messing with the actual tone.

I have at least 5 of the Valve Jrs and I love the sound, and that I never tweak the amp. Find the right volume level for the guitar I'm playing and go.

ReverendRevolver

Friend of Leo's
Valve Jr into a bigger cab = sane amp moving more air.

Use one on each side of you through 2×12, 2×10, 4×10, or 4×12 cabs, mixing and matching speakers for fun.
You already have the ABY box.

When those first came out, an acquaintance tried his through my bassman cab and decided to find a bugger cab for his.