Need opinions on the Fender Nashville Deluxe Telecaster

Lend27

TDPRI Member
I have a 2019 model Nashville Deluxe.
I am not in love with the stock noiseless pickups. To my ears, the 2 and 4 position sounds are not to my liking. Never use them. I have a Strat for those sounds.
Originally I was hoping the Nashville would make the Strat redundant, but it didn't.
I'm thinking of gutting it and rewiring it as a stock tele.
Or put in 3 single coils with strat wiring.
Need opinions please.
Thanks!

dlew919

Doctor of Teleocity
New pickups? They used to come with tex-mex which mine has and I really like.

Sharp

TDPRI Member
Mine is my avatar, it has a lipstick pup in the middle and neck position. all positions are good. I also have a strat for Stratocaster sounds.

TunedupFlat

Tele-Meister
I'd rewire. No point keeping it as is if it doesn't do it for you!

One thing I like to do is wire the middle pickup on a Nashville to its own volume and then when playing the bridge pickup just dial a bit of middle in to knock down any harsh highs(if it has them)

John C

Friend of Leo's
I have a 2019 model Nashville Deluxe.
I am not in love with the stock noiseless pickups. To my ears, the 2 and 4 position sounds are not to my liking. Never use them. I have a Strat for those sounds.
Originally I was hoping the Nashville would make the Strat redundant, but it didn't.
I'm thinking of gutting it and rewiring it as a stock tele.
Or put in 3 single coils with strat wiring.
Need opinions please.
Thanks!

I also say rewire; these are a great platform for modding - assuming you like the neck and the feel of the guitar.

New pickups? They used to come with tex-mex which mine has and I really like.

When Fender updated the Deluxe Nashville in mid-2016 they changed to Vintage Noiseless pickups. And of course that version was replaced last fall by the Player Plus Nashville which also has noiseless pickups - they look the same but Fender's calling them "Player Plus Noiseless" pickups. I was never able to play the mid-2016-2021 Deluxe Nashville back-to-back with the Player Plus to see what the differences between the pickups might be.

Fendereedo

Doctor of Teleocity
Never got on with mine, so I moved it on rather than modding it, and bought something I liked way better. I just didn't like the noiseless pickups I suppose.

misterdontmove

Tele-Meister
My Nashville excels at Tele tone (Cavalier Nashville Bridge/Fat Lion Neck). It's got a custom 7K middle from Bootstrap to help keep up with the output of the neck and bridge so in affect, all three are approaching overwound territory for a traditional vintage strat (usually near or under 6k) The strat sounds are very good, but NOT as good as my strat! The tele sounds are astounding! There are trade offs between strat and tele pickups that are hard to overcome so you end up with a guitar that does one classic sound, better than the other, or worst case, a guitar that doesn't do either tone well. Pick the tone you love the most and work the other tone around it

doctymie

Tele-Meister
I had the 2019 model with the noiseless pickups for a couple of months. Hated those pickups and traded straight up for the MIJ Korina offset Tele with P90s. Best trade I've ever made.

SPUDCASTER

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I have a 2016. The bridge and middle pickups weren't bad. Just couldn't get along with the neck pickup.

Had [email protected] Pickups make me a set and a wiring harness. The harness has a Bornes no-load push/pull to get the bridge/neck position.

Nashville Lion, SRV Tiger and a Lion King is the lineup.

It partially takes the place of a Strat.