Need more information about Merren Audio JTM45/100

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by AngerHeSmiles, Jul 31, 2021.

1. AngerHeSmiles

AngerHeSmiles TDPRI Member

Hello everyone, this is my first time to post a thread on forum, so glad to join the big family.
    I searched on google for many times and there is so little information about Merren Audio JTM45/100 repro amp, I want to buy a Marshall clone amp, Metropoulos DVL-1, Wallace, Germino and Merren are listed on my wish list. I need more information to decide which one would be my final choice.

2. eslover

eslover Tele-Meister

Well you picked 4 very big names in the business. I own a Germino Lead 55 (like a 68 superlead 50 watt) and it is fantastic, great build quality and Greg knows his stuff just as Chris Merren, George Metro, and Brian Wallace. Haven’t played any of the others but I’m guessing here: if you are looking for a replica them Chris should probably be at the top of your list. I’ve never played his amps but I know he used to use real paxolin tag boards, winds his own transformers, bends and cuts his own chasses.
    Chris’s builds from what I’ve seen are unreal.
    I bought and still have one of his paxolin boards and it looks very authentic.
    You’re probably spend a lot of coin for a replica but you knew this already I hope.
    If you are not looking to fool experts then any of these other builders are gonna give you a tonal orgasm.
    You decide!

AngerHeSmiles likes this.
  3. AngerHeSmiles

AngerHeSmiles TDPRI Member

Thanks for your reply, I found that Germino has the most praise among these brands.

eslover likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.