1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Need help with wiring an acoustic pickup...

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Trow, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Trow

Trow Tele-Holic

So... I’m not sure if this is going to work, but I don’t see why it shouldn’t. I’m trying to wire a SD Woody SC into a friends acoustic with an end pin jack. But, my buddy wants to be able to take the pickup out too. So I wired the jack to another one that I put inside the sound hole. Now when I plug it in I have no sound whatsoever. I tested for continuity from the jack to the end pin jack (both positive and negative are good), and the pickup is reading 2.3k ohms. I feel like that is a little low, but it’s also a single coil. What should I check next? Any thoughts on what my problem could be? Thanks

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  2. Trow

Trow Tele-Holic

Nevermind everyone, I’m an idiot. I have a short somewhere. I’ll track it down tomorrow. Thanks for letting me waste your time! Hahaha

uriah1 and CFFF like this.
  3. CFFF

CFFF Tele-Holic

When this pickup does work many people comment on the low output. Maybe your friend can consider using a pre-amp. More work for you of course :)

boredguy6060 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.