need help with does ranger transmission problem

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by timA68, May 24, 2020.

1. timA68

timA68 NEW MEMBER!

I bought a 2001 ford ranger edge previous owner had new clutch and all put in . he was driving with no problems . stopped at red light and it refused to go intoany gear I've looked at it and with truck on or off shifter does not move help if you can . would like to know what needs to be fixed on it thanks

2. willie

willie TDPRI Member

Possible clutch linkage adjustment....

3. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Linkage at the tranny. Need someone under the truck to follow what isn't moving. Oh and Welcome to TDPRI! Thanks for stopping in and I hope you get your problem solved.

4. otterhound

otterhound Poster Extraordinaire

No external shift linkage . Linkage issues are under the transmission top cover . Hopefully , there is a removable access panel in the floor . Push clutch pedal to floor and check if rear wheels will turn . If they don't , release the parking brake ( bad humor attempt ) . With the parking brake released , and the clutch pedal depressed , the real wheels should turn . If they do not , there is a good chance that you are in two gears at the same time . This indicates a linkage issue . Good luck .

5. timA68

timA68 NEW MEMBER!

thanks for all yalls help I'll give update on what it 2as when I get it fixed . at least now I have an idea of what to look at

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.