Need help Modding/Fixing a 2010 MiM

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by EgeBamyasi, Jan 19, 2020.

1. EgeBamyasi

EgeBamyasi TDPRI Member

Hello.

I want to and must make my 2010 MiM Telecaster into more sonically versatile telecaster. I broke my bridge pickup.
    Possibly adding a telecaster ''p90'' style pickup in the neck or bridge, not sure really, there's many options out there*. I wonder about the balance of the two pickups, what do I have to pay attention to if not going for a 'set'?

I already got 2 250k push/pull potmeters to add a series-mod and a bypass-potmeter-mod. Is that possible? What if I decide on a neck pickup without coverplate, how would the grouding work?

Flipping the control plate and possibly adding a treble bleed mod will be likely a good idea, I think?

I play in the genres of bluesy, shoegazey, avant garde pop, psychedelic rock, stoner, doom and krautrock. I do really like the telecaster tone, but would like to increase its versatility.
    My questions are. Any criticisms? Any advise? I am basically doing this on a whim and a good feeling.

Kind regards & any input appreciated.

*Creamery, Qpickups, Oil city, Haussel, Lollar, amdusias, fralin, barfuss (So many quality producers to name the ones I could find)

2. Slowtwitch

Slowtwitch Tele-Meister

Welcome to the forum!

A P90 in the neck is sweet but different than a single coil Tele pup. I've got a tele bridge/ P90 neck setup and really like it, but it's not traditional tele. I found you can balance the volume output between the 2 pups well enough (for my liking) by adjusting the pup heights.

ITO earthing, you'll just connect your earth wire from the P90 to any of your earthing points.

3. EgeBamyasi

EgeBamyasi TDPRI Member

Hello, thank you :)

I see. This is very helpful. Thank you.
    In regards to the faux-p90's that will fit in tele neck, any thoughts on those?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.