1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Need help finding this resistor

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by tah1962, Jan 23, 2021.

1. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

Good evening. I’m searching for this 1 ohm 2 watt resistor. From the looks of it I believe this is a Vishay/Dale.

I looked on Mouser and they have some on order but not expected in for a couple months. I’ve also searched Google/eBay/Amazon, etc. without any success. Any recommendations on another reliable option? Thanks.

23E56E71-B6A0-4A57-BFAA-24C15CB7C2FE.jpeg

2. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

Peegoo likes this.
  3. muscmp

muscmp Tele-Afflicted

i don't believe that you would need to find the exact brand nor would it matter, but, i have to leave that up to you. good luck!

play music!

tah1962 likes this.
  4. DeepDangler

DeepDangler Tele-Meister

A resistor is a resistor. Don't buy into the vintage electronic hype. To get the same exact sound, you would want a multimeter to compare the resistor you like in that guitar to the one you are about to install since there is a tolerance of 5-10% on those. In addition, resistance value can vary due to ambient temperature.

tah1962 likes this.
  5. dan40

dan40 Friend of Leo's

Are you certain that its a 2 watt resistor? I recently did a build in which I used the 1 watt Vishay/Dales and they were much larger than yours. Here is a 1 watter with "CPF3" printed on it so I'm not sure that number is the wattage rating. These are also in stock at the moment.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Vishay-Dale/CPF11R0000DKE14/?qs=AgiByKCM3cAaR16CRqTTBQ==

Here is another...

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Vishay-Dale/CMF601R0000FKEB/?qs=GEEnpASSx/i9JV8rtzC1Pw==

Both of these are much closer in size to the one shown in your pic and 1 watt will be plenty for a bias reading resistor.

tah1962 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.