Need Guidance in setting up Peavey 212 Stereo Coruse amp

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Missing Link, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Missing Link

Missing Link Tele-Meister

Just bought this Peavey 212 amp form a local gent that said he has had it from when new and it was stored for years, so I wanted to give it a try. Paid $100 so I hope it was a good deal. When I plugged in with my A-Standard Tele. wow this thing really will blast, so I am happy with that part but I am no amp expert when installing equipment to an Amp so I need some guidance in setting up some extra equipment I wanted to use in the best configuration as possible. One is an old Boss GT-6 and a Boss RC-50 Looper, both have not been used in a few years so I am at a bit of a loss on what would be the proper way to set up these items to the Peavey amp.
    I have included pictures of the Amp and the back side were it has some optional inputs, I guess I am wondering if I should use any of them from the back with the GT-6 and RC-50.
    Any help or suggestions more hat welcome.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. mfguitar

mfguitar Tele-Holic

That is a nice score! I had a couple of these amps and they sound great, just a little too heavy for me now. I did run an external effect thru the pre/out pwr/ in back in the day. You will get some nice stereo separation on the effects that can take advantage of the stereo amp, I would start that way. I am not at all familiar with loopers but I would think you could run out of the Boss GT6 into the looper and back to the amp with no issues. I don't recall if the GT6's output needs to be set to line out, probably. Should be easy. You will want to use the rear jacks so that you can make use of the stereo amp.

3. Missing Link

I honestly do not know what a power amp in 2, pre amp out mix/2 even does, guess I will have to do some research on this.
    Thanks

4. 57fenderstrat

57fenderstrat Tele-Holic

I have this amp it is very heavy and a clean powerhouse ! One of the loudest amps in town. That’s a nice score. It has some cool reverb on it too, one of the the settings is almost like an endless reverb. I have never really used the effects loop and rather just hooked up pedals in front of the amp. I read on other forums it was popular to but an OD pedal in the effects loop with a tube in it, that
    seymour duncan twin tube was always a popular choice for that. Anyways good score , that amp has nice cleans and is probably loud and clean enough for a pedal steel player. It should handle any of your pedals pretty good

5. neilybob100

neilybob100 Tele-Meister

Gotta love a 80's Peavey. It's a very loud amp. Enjoy.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

6. Missing Link

I will say its seems a tad bit louder than the Fender and the Marshal I have and yeah I think I have a hernia from lifting it.
    So I guess one question is can I use any of the in/out puts in the back for this basic setup of the GT-6 and Looper or is it just plug into the front and call it good?

Cheers guys

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.