Need cab for 67' Bassman Drip-edge (AB165)

JohnnyThul

Tele-Meister
The G10-35's do not break up early from my experience. I use it currently with a Deluxe Reverb and a somehow TZrainwrecked version of a Deluxe Reverb. With both amps the cleans are full-bodied and lush. Compared to my stock 1960AX the sound is tighter in focus, but more even across the frequency range, so, no overpronounced hump in the lower mids as with the Greenbacks.
So, imo, clean should work very well with these speakers, although, with a 4x12 there is more body to the sound.
As for crunch/hi gain, I like my Victory Sheriff 44 much more via the 1965, than with the 1960AX, much smoother and even in response, no problems with harshness (which can be an issue with Fuzz), so, definitely a recommendation also for higher gain sounds.

The 1965 is one of the best all around cabs imho and light and compact enough. And if you do not need a high sensitivity cab, then I would highly recommend that cab. It is really very good, not just for the used prices, it is just avery versatile and good cabinet.
Also, I do not think it sounds like a typical 4x10" configuration. If you wouldn't know, I guess, you would believe, it's 12" speakers working in there.

One last thing to mention is, that the baffle board on the 1965A is one piece and angled as a whole (there are 2 spacers on the baffleboard to give the look of a traditional 1960A construction) . So, you get the advantage of a B type one piece baffle board combined with the advantage of angled speakers.

Last edited:

Paul-McShartney

Tele-Meister
ah thanks so much for elaborating on that, full bodied cleans while also having smoother fuzz tones is definitely what I'm looking for.

Think I'm going to settle on the 1965 then for my quad setup!