Need an effects order switching solution

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by suburbansound16, Jul 6, 2018.

1. suburbansound16

suburbansound16 TDPRI Member

Hey there!

I'm trying to figure out a way to make a bypass looper type of pedal but with an uncommon function.
    What I need is to be able to use a 4pdt switch to toggle between running an OD into a Compressor, into a noise gate vs just running into the compressor. I really need to keep the compressor "always on", but in between the drive and noise gate when they are active.

Eg. - guitar
    - looper
    - compressor
    - looper
    - amp

Vs

Guitar
    Looper
    OD
    Compressor
    Noise Gate
    Looper
    Amp

Is there a way to do this?
    Again, I need to maintain these two orders and the compressor needs to always be on.

Thanks!!!

2. EddieLocrian

EddieLocrian Tele-Afflicted

Build a Y guitar cable and have 2 rows of independent pedals?

3. sirbergersworth

sirbergersworth Tele-Holic

Couldn’t you do this without a looper?If you only have 3-4 pedals, I thinks looper just complicates things.

4. suburbansound16

I'm really trying to place 3 effects in the same enclosure and operate it on two footswitches. One is a master bypass and the other toggles between a compressor circuit and the OD to Comp to Noise gate circuit. I thought it might be more simple in terms of a looper.

I don't want any funky cables or any more switches than that because this goes onto at pedalboard with 15 other effects at the end of the day.

The goal is to have a pre-dialed-in clean and dirty tone, using either the compressor or the 3 effects chained, in that specific order.

Thanks

5. luckett

luckett Banned

That's simple. You just need to put two bypass loops with four jacks on your 4PDT and put the comp in between the two loops. It's basically two bypass loopers on one switch.

suburbansound16 likes this.
  6. suburbansound16

Thanks a lot!
    Pretty sure either was just over complicating it in my head. Appreciate the response haha

My only other question is how to add a status LED to that configuration?
    I can only think of how to use a 4PDT switch as the two typical bypass loop style switches, but that uses all 12 terminals.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.