Need advice on a Tele that's calling to me

Blues Lawyer

NEW MEMBER!
Screenshot_20220713-194244_Reverb.jpg

My FLGS has this Partscaster Tele that they've been trying to sell for a few months now.

Whoever built it put a lot of thought into it and enjoyed playing it. The neck is a wonderfully worn U neck. The tuners are the sort of old style plastic tuners from the early 50s.

The body is a bit rounded on the edges, making me think it might be a MIM body.

I dunno. This damn Tele is giving me a basic case of GAS. What would you offer for a Fender partscaster from both north and south of the border?

teletail

Friend of Leo's
Without knowing where the neck, pickups and bridge are from? I wouldn’t offer a whole lot. Of course how it plays is a huge part of any buying decision, but a bunch of unknown parts assembled by an unknown person are not worth much.

BramptonRob1958

Tele-Holic
Value (Price) of a Partscaster like Beauty is only in the Eye of the Beholder!.

Honestly, it's value is greater it you treat it as What can I get if I parted out the guitar?

Since the local store has been trying to sell it, is it their inventory? Or is it a consignment?

Either way, it sounds like the guitar is spec'd in a very appealing way and causing your bout of GAS....Don't be shy about a low offer, the worst they can say is NO.... Do not confuse the Gas with added value and be willing to pay more because you like it.....The prices are starting to drop as supply is starting to outpace demand......

It is a great looking partscaster and if it plays as good as looks, I'm sure you'll be very happy.

Good Luck!

57joonya

Tele-Afflicted
What’s their asking price ? I offered my partscaster strat to a local music store for trade , and they were like nah… I thought damn. This thing cost me over 1000 and plays like a custom shop. Oh well. If their asking price is low already, and U love it ,
Go for it

McGoldTopp

Tele-Meister
Advice? Get it as cheap as you can, and don’t expect to get that out of it if you decide to sell it later.

Engine Swap

Friend of Leo's
“Trying to sell for a few months” = dog or price too high.

If it’s a good player, may a reasonable offer.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Here's my advice:
1657772069313.jpeg

Linda Lou, my favorite partscaster, was a labor of love from the get-go and is a joy each time we get together.
The color "called to me," so I getcha brother. Get the best price you can and enjoy!!!