1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

need advice on a new amp

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by DjimiWrey, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Milspec

Milspec Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I did it for exactly 2 shows and decided that my Twin was staying home from then on. With the speakers I have (altec lansing) my Twin weighs 100 lbs., not much fun carrying it stairs or lifting out of the car.

I liked the Tonemaster that I tried out, very lightweight and good tone although a little darker than my Twin. The VVT is an AMAZING amp and provides all that the Twin can give in a more portable package. They don't show up too often for sale, but when they do, $900 - $1100 normally gets it done. Not real cheap, but not much more than the Tonemaster and you get a far better amp as well. I think I would get the amp head if you can find one, but the 1x15 combo works well enough.

2. DeepDangler

DeepDangler Tele-Meister

Try the Vox MV50 Clean. It’s a micro head with crazy headroom. Similar to a fender clean and reasonably priced.

3. J-bass&Tele

J-bass&Tele Tele-Meister

I don't know how much more volume you need but one of the Eminence 10" speakers mentioned will be a little louder (if the amp is fine otherwise).
    You could also consider an extension cab, 2x10 or 1x12 could be light enough and with efficient speakers, even more loud. Splitting the weight is sometimes helpful.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.