need a small second amp w/10" and delay

fender4life

Friend of Leo's
Don't care what it is as long as it;s solid state, modeler or analog. But it must have delay and it must be capable of setting the delay to 100% wet signal. 10" speaker. Don't much care about sound quality because it's only function will be to take DI out from my tube amp (DI is adjustable down to guitar level) and add about 10-20% delay. The smaller and lighter the better. Tube amp has no loop so this is the way i do it now but with a second full size modeler and i just want something small and cheap when i play out. I'm about as UN picky as u can imagine when it comes to the delay repeats so cheap/small/light and probably used is the key. What fills this description? I thought about the old mustang II but the thing is 20 something pounds and has a 12". Might even go with an 8" if it has enough wattage, probably 20w would be ok. (doubt may 20w amps will have an 8" tho)

fender4life

Friend of Leo's
Hmmm...never mind, i forgot about the the mustang LT25 which seems perfect. But anyone know if it's dealy can do 100% wet like my GTX and GT did? Not sure being a "light" (LT) version of the mustang.

fender4life

Friend of Leo's
Fender says the LT won't do full wet delay which is a absolutle must. So any ideas? And yes, i realize i could get a pedal delay and but it between them but that defeats the simplicity, so it's a last resort.

JeffBlue

Friend of Leo's
Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but the Fender Super Champ X2 sounds excellent and does have a built in DSP for delay. I have the SCX2 head into a 12 inch cab that I use for the left channel on an Art SGX-2000 with my 1968 Fender Vibro Champ for the right channel. I modified my Vibro Champ with a 10 inch speaker.

Buell

Tele-Holic
Hmmm...never mind, i forgot about the the mustang LT25 which seems perfect. But anyone know if it's dealy can do 100% wet like my GTX and GT did? Not sure being a "light" (LT) version of the mustang.
Not sure on the LT25, but the even the mustang 1 has that option

fender4life

Friend of Leo's
Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but the Fender Super Champ X2 sounds excellent and does have a built in DSP for delay. I have the SCX2 head into a 12 inch cab that I use for the left channel on an Art SGX-2000 with my 1968 Fender Vibro Champ for the right channel. I modified my Vibro Champ with a 10 inch speaker.
Thanks but i'm just looking for a dirt cheap solid state amp. The cheapest garbage will do as long as it has delay that goes full wet and a 10". Quality is a non issue. All it has to do is serve up delay repeats at a very low level. I use maybe 10-15% delay.

fender4life

Friend of Leo's
Not sure on the LT25, but the even the mustang 1 has that option
Called fender and they said it doesn't do full wet delay. The MI....i've thought about it but I'm not sure a 8" will do. The next one up has a 12" and i believe weighs about 25 lbs. If i get a wild hair i might see if the MI has enough room for a 10" and build a new baffle board, but even then a lot of SS amps use 4 ohm speakers that are not easy to find.

fender4life

Friend of Leo's
Ah, well, i just found the LT25 has an 8" not a 10" as i thought. Well, maybe i'll look at the MI and just deal with the 8" and make a 10" baffle if i can fit it. The 8" might be ok, who knows. Why is it everything i want doesn't exist !?!😆