need a noiseless Tele bridge pickup

donelectro

TDPRI Member
I really dig the Bill Lawrence 480.
is that the same as the L-48T?

Bruxist

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Another fan of the Area T here. I have one in a Andy Summers inspired partscaster and I really like it. Since it is Paired with a Bootstrap A2 Sweet Serrano, I have it paired with 500k pots and think it sounds great.

Zepfan

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Go to Lowe's/Home Depot and spend 5 bucks on a roll of Aluminum HVAC tape. Apply it to the pickup cavity and control cavity over lapping each piece and onto the top of the body. When the control plate and bridge plate gets put back on they will supply the ground to the shielding. Just make sure none of the hot signal wires or connectors touch the shielding.

The Aluminum effects the eddy currents of the pickup and takes away the 60 cycle hum.

loudboy

Tele-Holic
is that the same as the L-48T?

Yes, got the name wrong. Really nice pickup.

RnB

Tele-Meister
Another Area T fan here…

Have installed quite a few Area T’s and DP421 Hot T’s (9.33k) in the bridge spot as well, & DP413’s…but they’re out of production

Last edited:

bertmanphx

TDPRI Member
Hey,
I'm looking for a noiseless Tele bridge pickup.
I recently joined an upscale semi-professional party/cover band and although it might make more sense to use my G&L Legacy for this, I'd really like to make my Tele my go-to in this band. Love everything about the guitar (swamp ash, T-Tune bridge, Resophonic Mulecaster mini HB in the neck and for now a Quarter Pounder-ish pickup from Area 51 that has no business sounding as good as it does for the insanely little money it did cost.
What I like is a little more output than traditional tele pickups and a little warmer sound, this guitar improves if a little of the high end is cut.

My two (so far) choices are the Kinman Impersonator 52b and the SD Hot Stack. All Dimarzios I ever heard sounded rather terrible but I like Richie Kotzen's sound so...
Häussel is also an option.
Generally, I prefer single coil over humbucker, I like the Mulecaster mini HB because it IS microphonic by design. Love P90s.
Had a Rübezahl custom shop bridge pu in the Tele before.

I like what I heard of the Kinman (demo videos), I LOVE the guitar sound of Jeff Buckley'd Grace.

Any people here with real world experience of either these two pickups?

Thank you,
much appreciated.
This might be a long shot, but for some reason unknown to myself, using a wireless system with my tele always solved the AC interference. Might be easier than new pickups, although I think it affects the "liveliness" of the sound.

el cheapo

Friend of Leo's
Depends what you want really. If you're looking to go noiseless and you want your guitar to sound like a Tele, Area T's are hard to beat. On the other hand, if you don't care whether it sounds like a Tele or not there's a lot of good stuff out there.