Need a new wireless provider

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
They don't provide service to my home. No internet/TV/phone/whatever. Crapfinity doesn't consider me to be "bundling" services anymore so they're charging me $25 extra/month because of it. I have tried explaining to them THEY DON'T OFFER SERVICE HERE, so why do I get screwed out of $25 extra/month? It's not like I'm CHOOSING to not bundle, I CAN'T. They don't care & don't want to hear it, so as soon as I pay off the phone, I'm switching immediately.

Absolutely horrible.
OK now I think it makes sense. What your OP referred to as "wireless" service was probably "cell" service offered by Comcast/Xfinity through a bundle in cooperation with another "cell" company like Verizon et. al. (Comcast doesn't have their own cell network so they partner with another carrier.) Without the rest of the Comcast bundle (TV, internet, etc.) there's no reason whatsoever to maintain any cell service through Comcast. Thanks for clarifying.

Kiriyaro2211

TDPRI Member
What about Verizon Wireless? Does anyone use it? I want to change a carrier and can't make the choice. I've already looked through the verizon wireless reviews. Well, everything sounds good. Extra discounts, access to streaming platforms and Verizon products. And is it true that this carrier offers ultra-fast 5G speeds?

sudogeek

Tele-Holic
I use Red Pocket. No 5G (yet) but I always get used phones which are a generation or 2 behind. No way I’m paying $1000 for a cell phone!

Anyway, with Red Pocket you can buy on eBay and get a plan for $99/yr - which is $8.66/mon. Only 1G data/mon but that’s plenty for me. You can get plans with more data but my usage on the phone averages 200-300MB/mon. They send you SIMs for V, ATT, TM, and you choose which to activate. I’m on the Verizon network because that’s the best coverage locally. I’ve used them for over 2 years and no complaints from me.

OmegaWoods

Tele-Afflicted
We use Ting Mobile. $10/month per line and $5/GB shared data. That's $35 for my mom, my wife and me. Maybe $40 if we're traveling and use cellular data.

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
What about Verizon Wireless? Does anyone use it? I want to change a carrier and can't make the choice. I've already looked through the verizon wireless reviews. Well, everything sounds good. Extra discounts, access to streaming platforms and Verizon products. And is it true that this carrier offers ultra-fast 5G speeds?
We use it personally but I confess it is in part from professional spillover. My work requires the best coverage, devices and support.

In my work we manage around 200 mobile devices and have cellular backup for alarms and controllers. I cannot avoid dealing with the carriers objectively. We also have a delivery fleet and event people who depend on wireless. Over and over Verizon remains the best for us.

The ultra-fast 5G varies. The fastest is only in high density areas, and it really is impressive. Think of it as more like WiFi distances requiring lots of antennas. The frequency that has had controversy with aircraft is filling in in many areas and is very impressive. Their nation-wide schema of 5G is admittedly not the fastest using new era and older LTE channels but that has the effect of more reliability.

People have lots of gripes but my department has to work with AT&T, Verizon, T-mobile and US Cellular. We help staff who often have the cheap MVNOs discussed here. By the numbers, we can say if Verizon sucks, they suck less than the rest. They have people with working brains who pursue our problems more than the others. The only down side is they are not the cheapest.

For our family we changed plans this summer. All the major carriers were close and we dropped our monthly bill all getting a version of unlimited data. Getting on Verizon's "Do More" plan made my same phone better within 30 minutes. It makes you a first class wireless citizen about all over. My International roaming with them has been the best of 3 carriers I have used internationally.

Managing 200+ mobile and helping around 1000 employees we see another element in wireless working well - the Android cess pool. It is important to have a first tier phone for best Android experiences.