Need a new TV show?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Marc Morfei, May 24, 2019.

1. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Tele-Afflicted

Most people I know are usually scouting around for a worthwhile new show to watch (since, as has already been established by several other recent threads here, TV is a lonely wasteland...).

So if you're looking for one, I have a recommendation. Dead to Me, on Netflix. We just finished it up, and it's good. A bit of a chick show, but very clever, and very well-scripted. Episodes are only 30 minutes, so you can take it in small gulps.

That's all I got....

2. gtroates

gtroates Tele-Meister

I saw it on the Netflix front page and decided to give it a shot, I am also enjoying it. I like that they are giving Christina Applegate a chance to dance a bit in some scenes, she is a great dancer too, she was on Broadway Starring in “Sweet Charity” which takes a lot of dancing. The two women playing the lead roles work well together.

3. Slip Kid

Slip Kid Tele-Meister

I’m only a couple episodes in and am enjoying it. I’ve always had a thing for Christina Applegate too so I think I’m in for the long haul on the series!

4. gtroates

gtroates Tele-Meister

It is a really short season, I’m wishing I didn’t finish it so quickly because I want to see season 2 already and they only have the 1st season so far. The danger of binge watching!

5. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

I just want to get into one that is not suddenly cancelled after one or two seasons mid story. It’s the new economy of course but that goes not make it a good product for us now to invest time and money in.

We see dozens of new shows appearing on Netflix but can’t trust that we will see the story arc complete now. We have now stopped starting watching new ones. Shame.

If you can recommend ones which do not just stop in the middle of a story, we’d be interested.

6. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

Some standouts for me...

Sense8 - loved every minute of this phenomenal series.

Magicians - addicting characters and a never-boring storyline. One of my favs.

Umbrella Academy - unique and entertaining... only one season so far though.

The Patriot - one of the funniest, smartest, well-executed shows I’ve ever seen. (Amazon though.)

Stranger Things

Orphan Black

7. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Tele-Afflicted

Personally I really like the recent “miniseries” trend of shows being a limited fixed number of episodes, then it’s done. It gives you enough time to tell an interesting story that builds toward an actual ending, and not just go on and on.

8. bullfrogblues

bullfrogblues Friend of Leo's

Longmire
    Tideland
    Ozarks
    we enjoyed these as well

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.