Neck shape question

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by discogravy, Jul 8, 2009.

1. discogravy

discogravy TDPRI Member

I've got a tele that I want to replace the neck on -- my favorite neck that I've played is on my washburn nuno -- C shape and a very flat and wide fretboard. Can I put a neck like this on a tele w/o causing intonation problems? All the teles I've played have had D or C-shaped necks with arched fretboards and a narrow neck at the nut.

2. fordfanjpn

fordfanjpn Tele-Holic

Shouldn't be a problem. Take a look at places like Warmoth and Musickraft. They have Tele replacement necks in a variety of shapes and widths. They even have "adapter" necks that change the scale length to Gibson scale. If you've got the money, they've got the neck!

Bill

3. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

Intonation is a function of string length not fingerboard width. You can get Tele necks with nut widths at least up to 1 3/4" and fretboard radii up to at least 16".

Go for it!

4. discogravy

discogravy TDPRI Member

I thought that radius would affect the intonation, but that's excellent to know! (now to find one that's affordable...)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.