Neck Replacement Required No Set Up- Just Lucky?

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Sean B, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Sean B

Sean B TDPRI Member

I'm wondering if anyone has ever changed a neck and found they didn't need to adjust anything? I've made a few partscasters in the past and also changed out necks on teles that I didn't like (usually because they were too skinny for my hands). I just replaced a neck on a partscaster, sanded down a nut for the brand new neck, and then installed it and strung it up expecting to maybe need to take a tiny bit more material off the nut before setting it in for good, as well as trussrod adjustment, intonation etc. I've ended up with a neck that despite being dead straight (I think), intonates perfectly with no fretting out on bends and a pretty low action. Obviously I'm very happy about this, but find it strange, as I've always had to make adjustments in the past.. I guess I just got lucky? Anybody else playing a neck that they have not had to give any relief to? It's my first Hosco neck, I usually buy Allparts or Goldo necks. I haven't checked the trussrod at all, but assume it arrived unadjusted (straight) as it was bought new.

ben smith and Boreas like this.
  2. Boreas

Boreas Poster Extraordinaire

Just luck of the draw. Your next neck could be a nightmare...

Sean B likes this.
  3. Strebs

Strebs Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I've fiddled with parts casters quite a bit and never got that lucky. Some were playable without adjustment, but they all needed one or multiple small problems addressed with nut filing, fretwork, or truss rod tweaking to make them play well.

ChicknPickn and Sean B like this.
  4. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Afflicted

I bought two MIM fat 50's U necks and both are flawless, the same name on each heel and who ever that guy is he's doing an amazing job. utterly flawless beautiful necks...

5. naveed211

naveed211 Friend of Leo's

I put a Baja on a Squier CV once. Fit perfectly, no setup needed.

6. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Poster Extraordinaire

It's a good feeling when it does. Enjoy it!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.