1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

neck pup quieter than treble desire strat sounding neck with chrome cover

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by teleplayer99, Mar 5, 2021.

1. teleplayer99

teleplayer99 Tele-Meister

Any suggestions?

2. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Tele-Afflicted

Overwound? Like a T neck +5 or so from your favorite maker? I have a bias toward Fralin but there are many others. Overwound is a little hotter output. Another think is the shape of the fingerboard. They aren't dead flat but a lot of pickups are level, no stagger. So you lose the D, sometimes G, etc.
    So I prescribe a Fralin stock Tele, polished cover, 5% over, hybrid stagger. Use as directed. Side effects include ringing ears, swagger, chocolate colored Chelsea boots, fresh scent and good posture.

3. teleplayer99

Nice, but what about dimarzio 172 twang king. But now will check out the fralin. I have an AV 52 that has alnico 3 magnets, but I am making this my own. It came with Gotoh compensated brass saddles, and Iam happy about that.

4. Lowerleftcoast

Lowerleftcoast Friend of Leo's

Move the bridge pickup further from the strings and/or the neck pickup closer to the strings. If that does not work, get a neck pickup with more winds (higher resistance).

Do you know the resistance, number of winds, and which magnets are used in both pickups?

John Owen likes this.
  5. John Owen

John Owen Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

6. teleplayer99

Only know that both pups have alnico 3 magnets. Will try neck pup closer to string and bridge farther away first. I think that is just the right solution. These are both great sounding pups.

7. Teleguy61

Teleguy61 Friend of Leo's

8. Dacious

Dacious Poster Extraordinaire

Twisted Tele neck pickup. Basically a Strat pickup in a nickel cover. Nice, full, in your face. Matches OV/Nocaster types very well. Already has separate earth lead for four-way switch so you can correct phase issues.

baldwindp, Cicada Nation and justin like this.
  9. Cicada Nation

Cicada Nation Tele-Meister

came to see if this was posted yet. OP is totally describing this very pickup.

baldwindp likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.