Neck pickup to complement Fralin SP43

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by benji1006, Nov 14, 2019.

1. benji1006

benji1006 TDPRI Member

Looking for some help here. I've got a partscaster Tele thinline that currently has Fender NoCaster CS pickups in it but am looking for a different tone, something a little more raw and higher output. I purchased a Lindy Fralin SP43 bridge pickup, but am trying to find a good neck pickup that will complement the tone nicely in my tele. I'm not completely opposed to routing out part of the body. I've got a Duncan Phat Cat bridge P90 lying around, which would probably be a bad choice, so I'm looking for other options on what might work well with that hot Fralin bridge pickup...
    Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2. wabashslim

wabashslim Tele-Afflicted

Why not call Lindy?

zippofan, SPUDCASTER and benji1006 like this.
  3. Gclef

Gclef TDPRI Member

Another fralin.

HArmonic design vintage plus. A great growly p90 esque sound.

4. Bergy

Bergy Tele-Holic

Love that SP43 in the neck position on my Telecaster. It might be my favorite tone I have on any of my guitars at the moment. I've certainly used it the most over the last 2 years. I've got Fralins in my 2 primary Telecasters and am considering putting them into my P-Bass. FWIW, I paired my SP43 with a High Output Tele in the bridge and haven't regretted it. It is a little thicker than the normal tele sound, but still covers country twang well enough for my tastes. I agree that it might be worth it to email Lindy to pick his brain a bit. I asked him specifically if a high output in the bridge postion would play well with a SP43 in the neck. He said it would work well but I didn't ask about any other pickup combinations.

5. benji1006

benji1006 TDPRI Member

I talked to Lindy and he suggested an overwound Blues special, so that's what I've got coming my way

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.