Neck pickup to complement Fralin SP43

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by benji1006, Nov 14, 2019.

1. benji1006

benji1006 TDPRI Member

Looking for some help here. I've got a partscaster Tele thinline that currently has Fender NoCaster CS pickups in it but am looking for a different tone, something a little more raw and higher output. I purchased a Lindy Fralin SP43 bridge pickup, but am trying to find a good neck pickup that will complement the tone nicely in my tele. I'm not completely opposed to routing out part of the body. I've got a Duncan Phat Cat bridge P90 lying around, which would probably be a bad choice, so I'm looking for other options on what might work well with that hot Fralin bridge pickup...
    Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2. wabashslim

wabashslim Tele-Holic

Why not call Lindy?

zippofan, SPUDCASTER and benji1006 like this.
  3. Gclef

Gclef TDPRI Member

Another fralin.

HArmonic design vintage plus. A great growly p90 esque sound.

4. Bergy

Bergy Tele-Holic

Love that SP43 in the neck position on my Telecaster. It might be my favorite tone I have on any of my guitars at the moment. I've certainly used it the most over the last 2 years. I've got Fralins in my 2 primary Telecasters and am considering putting them into my P-Bass. FWIW, I paired my SP43 with a High Output Tele in the bridge and haven't regretted it. It is a little thicker than the normal tele sound, but still covers country twang well enough for my tastes. I agree that it might be worth it to email Lindy to pick his brain a bit. I asked him specifically if a high output in the bridge postion would play well with a SP43 in the neck. He said it would work well but I didn't ask about any other pickup combinations.

5. benji1006

benji1006 TDPRI Member

I talked to Lindy and he suggested an overwound Blues special, so that's what I've got coming my way

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.