1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Neck pickup, this one’s for you

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Papapotrero, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Same here. My favorite tone is crunchy hard rock rhythm that sounds best to my ears on the bridge pickup.

I'm on the neck pickup maybe 5% of the time.

2. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Afflicted

yep i'm on the neck pickup a lot and it's taken me a long time to find that hendrix tone in a tele neck pickup, of all the countless sets i have tried a very cheap set of wilkinson pickups are become my absolute favorite, the neck pickup is so clear and crisp it's great.

3. mkdaws32

mkdaws32 Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

That's a nice collection!

4. DHart

DHart Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Like you, OP, I play the neck pickup a LOT. I just love that rich, full tone and dial things in so that it is sparkly bright, as well.

I also play the neck/bridge combined, a LOT. My use of the bridge pickup, on its own, is less often.

Here are a pair of my favorite Tele neck pickups - Antiquity II Mini-Hum and Cavalier Firebird:

[​IMG]

Maguchi likes this.
  5. Hounded Dog

Hounded Dog TDPRI Member

I didn't get the neck position at all until I played a WRHB. That would have been in the early eighties. I've been chasing that tone ever since.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.