Neck pickup screws - a turning point.

Daddy Dom

TDPRI Member
To me, visible screws either side of the neck pickup just looks wrong. I have vintage tastes so to me it's sort of like 22-fret necks. YMMV and many won't even notice or care.
Quite possibly they will end up being in production longer than no-screw models but I think it's a wrong turn.

How about you?

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
They don't look great, but they aren't as bad as direct mounted humbuckers where you can see the legs.

bobio

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
On an "actual" vintage Telecaster then yes, I want it to be period correct.
Otherwise, I don't have a nostalgic bone in my body ;)

Frontier9

Friend of Leo's
I like 'em stealthy. Indifferent about covers, tho.

Attachments

• 0629221813.jpg
    0629221813.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 15

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Once I have the neck pickup dialed in, it just isn't going to be adjusted. Teles are about adjusting the bridge pickup height only - Strats are for adjusting the neck pickup I think.

That Cal Webway

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
If I truly cared about the minutiae of how a guitar looks and such I could have spent all that money from guitars on a new Tesla and then burned it up!!

Pcs264

Tele-Meister
Different strokes...I do like having the pickup screws easily accessible, though it's not any big issue me either way. What does instantly & completely turn me off is a 6-saddle bridge on a Tele. It just looks so wrong, and it's completely unnecessary. It's easy to get excellent intonation and action with 3 compensated Tele saddles.

fender4life

Friend of Leo's
Thinlines had them and i'm a fan because otherwise can u imagine when you want to adjust the neck p/u having to remove the strings or neck then a thinline guard with it's 9 million screws and go thru all that to make a simple height adjustment that may end up not being quite what u hoped and having to go thru that all over again ! However, in a regular tele i prefer the vintage look with screws underneath because taking off the guard to adjust is no problem. Especially for me because i always put 5 screw guards on my standard route teles.