1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Neck Pickup and Cannabis Rex - New Sweet Spot

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Cornelius TX, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Cornelius TX

Cornelius TX TDPRI Member

Hello!

I recently had my Blues Jr.'s speaker replaced with a Cannabis Rex (and re-tubed/properly biased also). I also had my CV 50s BSB Tele set up by a pro, including fret leveling. Feels amazing. Didn't realize how badly in need of work it was after years of playing.

Just wanted to share: I have been really, really digging the sound of the neck pickup alone on this guitar/amp/speaker combo. I mainly play country, and I know that Teles are known for the bridge pickup, but wow. The tone is just out of control on this, and I am loving it. I feel like it actually makes me play better, which I know is crazy.

Just wanted to share the joy of finding a new sweet spot with my guitar/amp, and wanted to see if others have had similar experiences with this combo (or any combo for that matter :) )

Have a great weekend!

DOC DYA likes this.
  2. DOC DYA

DOC DYA Tele-Meister

I have a Blues Jr (US made) and no experience with a Cannabis Rex (but I've read rave reviews about this combination), but when I plug my Tele into it, I love the sound of the neck Pickup... OK I play mostly jazz...

3. Henry Mars

Henry Mars Tele-Afflicted

The C.Rex in the BJ is the only reason why I have kept the amp. It has it's uses. That said I have been hang with my two C30's a lot more than the JR but the Jr is definitely still in the line up when it makes sense to use it. Right now I have 12 guitar amps left ... I really should unload 8 of them including the JR, I just can't ... it is an illness.

StevesBoogie likes this.
  4. Cornelius TX

Cornelius TX TDPRI Member

Similarly, I’ll admit that I wasn’t in love with this amplifier prior to the speaker change.

I also have a hot rod deluxe that I’ll probably put a similar speaker in when the time comes, based on these results.

5. Hounded Dog

Hounded Dog TDPRI Member

These speakers seem to improve a lot of amps!

6. telepraise

telepraise Tele-Afflicted

You think it sounds great now, wait till you've got 30 hours on it. That hemp is tight and takes some breaking in.

Play it loud !!!

7. 72_Custom

72_Custom TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Different amplifier, but count me in favor the tele neck pickup and Cannabis Rex together in my Princeton. I feel the speaker has a really nice low end thump to every note. And quite a smooth top end.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.