Neck Humbucker for Area T Bridge ?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Bartholomew3, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Bartholomew3

Bartholomew3 Friend of Leo's

Have a tele cut for a neck humbucker. Am using a pair of Area T single-coils now but want to switch the neck back to a PAF.

Need a new neck humbucker to balance well with the Area T bridge. Customer service at Dimarzio suggested an Eric Johnson which may work or may be too bright. I do various styles, no metal, some jazz standards, retro rock & roll, r&b, old country, soft-rock, blues, hardrock, whatever.

Problem is that every PAF I tried over the years has overpowered every bridge pickup or seemed to be a bit muddy on the bottom strings.

2. Cheshiergrin

Cheshiergrin Tele-Holic

I had a hot area T paired with a Dimarzio vintage mini humbucker. Worked Very well. I actually still have the set (sold the guitar ) they will get used again.

3. LawDaddy

LawDaddy Tele-Holic

Have you tried the 36th PAF neck? One of my faves. The guys over on the jazz guitar forum even dig it, seems to come standard in some jazz boxes. Very clear and articulate, not too hot.

Can you put a single-coil in? I have a JD Tele, and ran an Area 58 strat-sized single coil with an Area 615 for awhile, nice combo.

BTW, the Area 615 is a fantastic bridge pup.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.