Neck and middle pickups with Duncan TwangBanger in bridge?

PRW94

Tele-Meister
Those of y'all who are using Seymour Duncan TwangBangers in the bridge position of your Strats ... and a search has revealed multiple posts on them ... what are you using in the neck and middle positions?

I just had a TwangBanger installed in the bridge position of my '80s Tokai Strat and I utterly love it, it's not coming out ever, but it's not playing nicely with the GFS Vintage Alnicos that I left in the neck and middle spots. They're pretty low output (in the 5's) and I think they're just getting overpowered by the TwangBanger and I need something with more "oomph."

I'm not big on "quack," but I like to have it in my arsenal, and the 1/2 position has just gone completely away (and I knew there was a risk of that) to a point I don't like.

I actually contacted Seymour Duncan and one of their folks got back to me suggesting either their APS or the Five-Two, and saying if it was his guitar he'd do the Five-Two.

Just looking for some more input on what folks are using with that great bridge pickup.

(BTW, at the same time I had the guitar modded with blender pot wiring and that ain't coming out either, love having neck and bridge.)

caspersvapors

Tele-Meister
I have a twangbanger in the bridge of my maple neck 57 reissue strat with K-Line 64s in the neck and middle.
I love the K-Lines and their crisp clarity, so much so that I bought 2 sets and they work really well with the twangbanger. The bridge/middle sound remind me more of the beefier sounding Knopfler tones circa Love Over Gold era

SPUDCASTER

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Contact Seymour Duncan.

Dave from SD is a member on Strat-Talk and I believe I've seen him post here too.

PM him.

I'm sure they know what plays well with the Banger.

Other than that. Contact Rob at Cavalier Pickups. I have several of his SRV Tigers.

PRW94

Tele-Meister
Contact Seymour Duncan.

Dave from SD is a member on Strat-Talk and I believe I've seen him post here too.

PM him.

I'm sure they know what plays well with the Banger.

Other than that. Contact Rob at Cavalier Pickups. I have several of his SRV Tigers.

Thanks, it was a guy named Dennis from Duncan who got back to me and suggested the 5-2.

PRW94

Tele-Meister
I have a twangbanger in the bridge of my maple neck 57 reissue strat with K-Line 64s in the neck and middle.
I love the K-Lines and their crisp clarity, so much so that I bought 2 sets and they work really well with the twangbanger. The bridge/middle sound remind me more of the beefier sounding Knopfler tones circa Love Over Gold era

Is your K-Line middle RWRP or non-RWRP?