1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NDIYPD - Light up my Lemon!

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by MatchlessMan, May 16, 2017.

1. MatchlessMan

MatchlessMan Tele-Holic

This is pretty much a straight clone of the Orange Squeezer, but in a true bypass pedal. I built it around a double-sided circuit board bought from eBay. Before I started I continuity-tested all the tracks, and worked out that there were a couple of extra components - a series resistor for the LED, and a polarity protection diode. The original circuit uses a 1N100 Germanium diode but I had a spare 1N34A and that works fine.

I couldn't locate a cheap can of orange spray paint so I used yellow Plasti-kote. The lettering and lemon graphic are on a laser-printed water-slide decal. I couldn't resist putting the LED in the middle of a lemon!

You'll notice that the knobs are wildly different in size - this is deliberate. I have sited the huge Level control where I can easily nudge it with my toe. The Bias control was supposed to be a trim pot, but I brought leads out to a regular pot.

How does it sound? It's a perfect match for a Strat, especially the in-between positions. There is some loss of top-end openness, but it really fills out the sound. It maybe sounds a little hard with my Tele though. I've yet to try my other guitars through it.

[​IMG]

Rock-Ola likes this.
  2. MatchlessMan

MatchlessMan Tele-Holic

faasie85 likes this.
  3. MatchlessMan

MatchlessMan Tele-Holic

[​IMG]

Dammit!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.