1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NCD: Port City OS Wave 1/12

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by gitapik, Dec 16, 2013.

1. gitapik

gitapik Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

The cab has a Warehouse ET-65 speaker in it.

The Blues Junior has all the BillM mods. 30w conversion is key, for me. He also installed a speaker outlet…hence the two in the same shot. :idea:

The cab's amazing. The sound is BIG but still tight. Huge range. Brilliant design. When I unplugged the speaker in the BJr, the sound was still full, lush, and focused. Add the combo's speaker and it's just that much bigger. I'm floored.

I left the Jensen C12n in the BJr. It's a good speaker now that it's broken in. The ice pick really does get rounded out after a while. I might exchange it sometime down the road. Have to say, though, that it pairs very nicely with the ET-65, which is a wonderful speaker for the cab.

All my axes sound incredible through this rig. From squeaky clean to filthy dirty. Great platform for my pedalboards.

What's nice about this setup is that I can grab that nice 32lb BJr on it's own and have a really good sound for jams, rehearsals, smaller venue gigs. Or I can take the cab along (only 30lbs) and have a much bigger sound. I'm really glad I got the speaker outlet mod. Set right, the rig can sound like a Twin. A 30w Twin. Sweeeeeet….

Very happy camper, here, compadres. Kudos to Daniel!

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.