NCD New car coming

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by JL_LI, Jun 12, 2021.

1. JL_LI

JL_LI Poster Extraordinaire

Delivery is 8-12 weeks out depending on shortages (chips and tires) and shipping. This is the second new BMW this year. Back in March I leased a basic family car, a 330i. I promised my wife a new car NEXT year so she visited the Benz dealer to start shopping and found that the SLC she hoped for is out of production. I bought her an SLK for our 40th in 2014. So back to BMW this afternoon "to take a look", this time at a Z4. So we're in the dealership with the dog, a 40 lb. Weaten, and the salesman offers a test drive in his personal ride. Wifey takes the car out herself and likes it. The dealer's first production slot for 2022 is open. With the trade in and a few sheckels on hand, I don't have to cash anything in so this year is the same as next. And I get 6 days of not getting yelled at as part of the deal. Three days now and three days when it's delivered. A happy wife makes for a happy life? Who made up that nonsense? A happy wife for three days is about as good as it gets.

This is the picture from the build sheet with the every conceivable options package, adaptive cruise control, and remote start so she never has to get into a car that's too hot or cold. She can press "Start" when she gets on the checkout line at Whole Foods.

upload_2021-6-12_19-3-52.png

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    Archtops, Skully, P Thought and 12 others like this.
  2. Refugee

Refugee Tele-Meister

Hey....can I be your wife? LOL!! :lol: Promise I won't ever say Jack about anything. Oh, and free guitar lessons, eh, eh?

Fretting out, JL_LI and Fendereedo like this.
  3. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Nice ride there!

JL_LI and Fendereedo like this.
  4. cometazzi

cometazzi Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Congrats!

I have a friend who bought a Tesla a couple of weeks ago and he hasn't even gotten a delivery date. So consider yourself lucky!

JL_LI and Fendereedo like this.
  5. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Nah! Not my colour.. :p

Seriously, nice set of wheels..... Time to get out on the open road! Hncd to you. :cool:;)

JL_LI likes this.
  6. fjblair

fjblair Tele-Holic

???

7. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Not going with the Custom Shop relic model, like your Strat? Just as well......that's a beauty.
    Btw, did you select the option of Turn Signals? They must be expensive on Beemers.....none of them around here have 'em. ;););)

JL_LI and RobRiggs like this.
  8. JL_LI

Curious about the turn signals. With lane departure warning on, the steering gently pulls you back if you cross a divider line UNLESS your signal is on. You can still cut corners or shift over a lane to avoid the doofus who cut you off, but the reminder to drive safely is still there.

The performance isn’t there so you can drive like a maniac. It’s there so you can drive around or away from those who do. It also helps make lane changes and merges safer. The idiot who speeds up so you can’t merge or change lanes can’t match your acceleration.

getbent and nojazzhere like this.
  9. naveed211

naveed211 Friend of Leo's

Sweet! Have fun with it. It’s on my bucket list to have a “nice” car at some point in life, I’m just so damn frugal. Also have a student loan and a kid in private school.

So, I’ll check in with my new car thread in another 12-15 years.

JL_LI likes this.
  10. Recce

Recce Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I ordered a new Ford Bronco about three months ago. I was told probably November but have no firm date when I will get it.

nojazzhere and JL_LI like this.
  11. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Interesting point. Will new technology work to actively encourage the idiots who refuse to signal? (and no, they're not all BMW drivers) I would guess that roughly twenty percent of drivers are conscientious about signals....another fifteen to twenty percent use them occasionally.....and the rest ONLY use them in the vicinity of a Police car. The same can be said for coming to a full stop at stop signs, and knowing how to merge safely onto the freeway. ;)

JL_LI likes this.
  12. JL_LI

Don’t give up hope. I had two kids in private universities, three years overlapping, with my oldest studying for his PhD immediately afterwards. I kept working until I was almost 71 which allowed me to retire in pretty good shape. Don’t give up.

naveed211 likes this.
  13. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

A nice ride but can you go off-road? Unfortunately it would last a very few years here without being beaten to death on our roads. There are 4-5 here that are showing their premature age
    Enjoy your new vehicle

14. JL_LI

St. Croix. The Caribbean. Where off lease BMW’s that don’t make the factory certified cut go to live blissful lives in the sun. :cool:

15. Archtops

Archtops Tele-Meister

Groovy!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.