NCAA Football National Championship Game

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by FenderGuy53, Jan 14, 2020.

1. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

Living in NC, I was rooting for Clemson last night; but Clemson was simply outgunned, in every category: offense, defense and special teams.

LSU has a very talented football team, starting with their Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback, so why the need for all the arrogance, showmanship and taunting? Geez. It was like watching an NFL game!

Clemson lost the game, but they won where it really counts. They are one class act, from top to bottom.

2. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

I didn’t have a dog in the hunt, but any time OU or Alabama isn’t in the game, it makes me happy...almost as happy as when they ARE in the game and get blown out.

Steve Holt likes this.
  3. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

SEC, ACC no skin in game, however, the Heisman QB was from Ohio, so cool.

4. jackinjax

jackinjax Friend of Leo's

Whoa! Hold on a minute! Clemson has absolutely no claim to superior sportsmanship. In fact, showmanship and taunting is the reason I really don't like Clemson and especially Trevor Lawrence, quarterback. I can still see him taunting Nick Saban in the last championship game against Alabama. In my book Clemson got exactly what they deserved. Karma! :D

5. Lawdawg

Lawdawg Tele-Holic

Although I hated that they beat my 'Dawgs, LSU had a very rootable team this year -- from Joe Burrow basically washing out at OSU, local-boy-made-good head coach Ed Orgeron, to the tragic death of the OC's daughter-in-law. Still, with all the returning starters Clemson will be loaded for bear next year.

I didn't see any on field celebrations that I would describe as taunting or otherwise inappropriate. I though both teams exhibited good sportsmanship throughout, and both coaches are 100% class acts. The whole "just hand the ball to the ref" attitude drives me up a wall. Heaven forbid a kid celebrates making a big play in the National Championship game.

Elmore likes this.
  6. Elmore

Elmore Tele-Holic

Lawdawg, I agree. And am also a UGA fan. I thought LSU showed class by not gunning for another TD at the end. This season actually changed my opinion of LSU. Wanted Clemson since they are from my part of the country, but did not really care.

Lawdawg likes this.
  7. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree! :rolleyes:

8. stxrus

stxrus Friend of Leo's

While we did get beat by LSU earlier this year it was a 7 point loss. A lot of whining from the ou fans here. At least we got beat by a close enough score it could have gone the other way

I liked the game. a good hard fought match and the better team came out on top. Two class acts that I saw play last night

Burrows is going to be a tough act to follow and I don't know if LSU has an answer to his graduating. I'd like another crack at LSU with a healthy Texas team

9. chet again

chet again Tele-Afflicted

He wanted top go to Nebraska and they didn't recruit him.

So we got stuck with a guy who can't pass worth a dam...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.