1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NBJ - Deering Goodrime Electro

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by sir humphrey, Nov 28, 2014.

1. sir humphrey

sir humphrey Friend of Leo's

Decided to teach my self banjo a few months back after struggling to find a banjo player locally to join my band.

After some good advice from dlew919 on here, I picked up the Tony Trischka method book, and after three months of wood shedding am now ready to take the little fella out to some live shows.

I'm no Earl Scruggs yet, but ready to face my public on a couple of songs at least!

So I've just splashed out on this little beauty - comes with a Kavanjo pickup pre-installed and is more than enough banjo for my level.

I feel a nice sense of dread and excitement playing to an audience on an instrument outside my comfort zone - but I like a challenge!

Just keep it to three chords and I'm good to go.

image-4123938936.jpg

2. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

When's your grand debut?

3. dog fart

dog fart Friend of Leo's

3 chords and the truth brother, you'll be fine. 95% of the people are in awe that you can even string three chords together.

4. sir humphrey

sir humphrey Friend of Leo's

Not till January - I may have learned a fourth chord by then ;-)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.