NBD!!

OldPup

Tele-Holic
I have been wanting a bass for awhile. I realized Bronco's were short scale. And then I realized there was such a thing as short scale bass. I'd love a vintage one, but I've exhausted my lovely wife's patience with a severe case of GAS after "discovering" hand wired amps.

I suspect the Squier version is good enough for me. I'll be doing some home recording with it. I'm not the guitar player I'd like be (i.e. David Gilmour). I feel much freer (if that makes sense) with a bass than I do guitar. I'll never be as good as Jaco or Bob Marley's bass player, but it seems natural enough.

I'm looking forward to exploring this instrument!

IMG_5091.JPG

And with the Fender fam...
IMG_5090.JPG

RobRiggs

Tele-Afflicted
Very nice. I picked up bass guitar in 2005 and I enjoy it almost as much as playing guitar.

Last edited:

Gunny

Tele-Holic
I've got one in my 50-50 mix of long and short scale basses. Like a lot of people, I opted to improve the pickup over the 6 pole Strat PUP that comes in it. I tried a dual rail Humbucker, a50's style and lipstick PUP.
This week I went back to the stock pickup. It works just fine for me. Certainly not as deep as my Gibson Thunderbird but it's a fun little bass that's good for grab and go.

Last edited:

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Wow! Cool bass. I have played bass forever but only recently realized how much fun a short scale can be.
In sports, some of the best shooters are people who learned to play goalie because they learned the holes.
I think learning bass or drums can absolutely help a guitarist find the gaps. And learning bass can help you write on guitar. It won’t hurt. I feel like it’s helped me think about the way I play guitar differently.
Have a blast with that Bronco. Red basses are faster.

OldPup

Tele-Holic
Nice collection! Playing bass is addictive, and after the Squier, there will be the next one ;)
My wife will be so excited!
Wow! Cool bass. I have played bass forever but only recently realized how much fun a short scale can be.
In sports, some of the best shooters are people who learned to play goalie because they learned the holes.
I think learning bass or drums can absolutely help a guitarist find the gaps. And learning bass can help you write on guitar. It won’t hurt. I feel like it’s helped me think about the way I play guitar differently.
Have a blast with that Bronco. Red basses are faster.
Honestly, I wonder what the appeal of a full scale bass is when the short scale makes the same noises. I guess the longer scale yields more resonance? Fuller tone? Obviously there is a reason or every great bassist would make it easier on themselves and have a short scale.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
My wife will be so excited!

Honestly, I wonder what the appeal of a full scale bass is when the short scale makes the same noises. I guess the longer scale yields more resonance? Fuller tone? Obviously there is a reason or every great bassist would make it easier on themselves and have a short scale.
Most of mine are 34". I have no reach issues, long arms, can palm a basketball. But my short scale is a blast to play and it sounds very full. I think the standard is Leo's, just like everything else. It all points to the P bass. Traditions die hard.
What I find fascinating is that I can play a short scale and switch to a 34" unlined fretless without any adjustment. Your brain picks up the slack.

68Telebass

Friend of Leo's
I have been wanting a bass for awhile. I realized Bronco's were short scale. And then I realized there was such a thing as short scale bass. I'd love a vintage one, but I've exhausted my lovely wife's patience with a severe case of GAS after "discovering" hand wired amps.

I suspect the Squier version is good enough for me. I'll be doing some home recording with it. I'm not the guitar player I'd like be (i.e. David Gilmour). I feel much freer (if that makes sense) with a bass than I do guitar. I'll never be as good as Jaco or Bob Marley's bass player, but it seems natural enough.

I'm looking forward to exploring this instrument!

View attachment 886475
And with the Fender fam...
View attachment 886476

Great looking Bronco!! They punch way above their weight, sound great right off, and take modifications/pickups well!

Sick thought….Route for the Hot Artec 30k Sidewinder humbucker…Hmmmm:cool:

E25978C1-B113-4F8A-9E1C-1E06DE3AC89E.jpeg

THAT! should be my next project!!

Blackout Jazz

Tele-Meister
Most of mine are 34". I have no reach issues, long arms, can palm a basketball. But my short scale is a blast to play and it sounds very full. I think the standard is Leo's, just like everything else. It all points to the P bass. Traditions die hard.
What I find fascinating is that I can play a short scale and switch to a 34" unlined fretless without any adjustment. Your brain picks up the slack.
That's weirdly cool.