NBD

Jowes_84

Tele-Holic
Been considering a bass myself for over a year now, what was the final push to get into bass? The reasons stated in your first post or other?

Bassist and guitarist in my band started fighting, bassist left the band (I used to be the d(r)ummer. Drama.
I didn’t want a new person in and we all knew a drummer we liked.
So-I changed to bass.
Despite that, I felt a change was necessary. My drumming got worse and worse after my best drumming in my teenage years, due to a lacking exercise and motivation.
I made good progress with little effort on guitar and now even more on bass. I think Bass fits me a lot better as a person. I ain’t no diva or frontman. Only occasionally.
I like serving the band.
Wow-never wrote it down like this but it seems to make sense now.
That’s me.
You do you.

Tenderfoot

Tele-Afflicted
Nice bass:) Wishing you the best of success with your new drummer and your bass playing.

Ps. Nice area where you live. I have flown over that region, flying from Munich to Geno several times, when I made business trips in the late 90's early 2000's to various EU countries.

Jowes_84

Tele-Holic
i want me a bass with that body, that neck, and that p-up configuration. yes, yes, yes. it's the whole world of fender bass in one machine!
Yes I got lucky to accidentally find it on classifieds near me so I could actually try it. For now, I think this is The Bass. In six months I’ll check again when the honeymoon is over. But I am confident to keep this jewel.

Jowes_84

Tele-Holic
Ok
So my beginner attempts at taking representative pics
I do think the relief / bend is quite pronounced-but the bass feels nice to play
Any concerns?
4CBC45D9-77DE-4FA9-896E-2CA27471E23C.jpeg
35A95D93-A6F4-48DA-909E-AB663F95D04E.jpeg
4EDA753A-B57C-4368-8304-455C8E2350E8.jpeg

erratick

Tele-Holic
Hej!

After getting a little more serious about being a bassist - and by now actually playing in two bands (wait, I can’t even play that great yet, … seems like everyone needs a bassist) I am ditching my Squier and playing this now.
Fender FSR Precision Special
PJ active
Jazz Bass neck
Precision body
First I thought I wouldn’t like the active electronics… but boy was I wrong. I am now going straight into my amp, no compression, no overdrive, nada. Sounds great, feels great, looks great, fits the rehearsal drum set nicely. Happy. Except that I didn’t have this budgeted so need to let other stuff go.
View attachment 885986

Love that bass. That J neck with P body is sweet.

Bongoslade

Tele-Meister
Too much relief?
Had to adjust action and relief-no experience with basses.
12th fret string underside to top of fret distance is about 2mm
Comfy to play
No fretbuzz / noise except if I really dig in
Stays in tune great
View attachment 886020

NICE BASS - and that's a great side shot there i thought. you don't see that angle enough
lover the P and J pick up combo - so cool - and the color - wow - dude
great score...!