NBD: SG bass

Discussion in 'The BASS Place' started by der.ek, Feb 21, 2013.

1. der.ek

der.ek TDPRI Member

Got an epiphone SG long scale bass for $130 with a case, what a steal! This thing retails for $350 up here in Canadia.

Grabbed a small 15w digitech practice amp for $49 on clearance at long and mcquade as well. Not bad for less than $200 all in for this package.

Picture of the "studio" minus my am std tele, it was off to the side.

Attached Files:

2. 5595bassman

5595bassman Tele-Holic

Very good deal!!

Here is my 2006 Korean made Epi EB-3L acquired used in 2008 for Cdn $300.00 with a HSC from local small music store.

Attached Files:

3. marshman

marshman Poster Extraordinaire

I just dig the EB/SG basses, something to do with seeing a picture of Jack Bruse as an impressionable young man. Keep trying to save for a Gibson, particularly as good vintage ones can be scored for nowhere near what similar era Fenders go for, but something always seems to get in the way...like tires...or deer.

Nice score

4. Gunny

Gunny Tele-Holic

Liking the entire rig. I had a long scale and short scale Gibson bass in the SG style. Almost went for the one you have, but my interests went in a different direction.
    Absolutely feeling nostalgic about the Traynor head and cabs. I've owned those TWICE. Made in my home town of Toronto. Bought my first one in '66 from Long & McQuade's first store on Yonge St.

5. BigDaveyTwinkle

BigDaveyTwinkle Tele-Meister

SCORE!

6. dog fart

dog fart Friend of Leo's

I had to laugh at that one. I bagged three Deer in one season a few years ago. I never once left the road or my car :oops:. My insurance agent was not pleased. I've since learned to look for the eye's reflection.

Back to regularly scheduled programming

Nice Bass BTW

7. der.ek

der.ek TDPRI Member

After playing a while, this thing is really neck heavy. Anyway to combat that? Grippy strap? Hang a brick off the body?

8. FarToMany

FarToMany TDPRI Member

Grippy strap helps for sure, but then I find it pulls my on my T-shirt (I like kinda loose fitting shirts though). Its just inherant to the design unfortunatly. I think I am going to try a set of Hipshot ultra-lite tuners to see if that helps some--I have read that it is supposed to.

I had years ago and just reaquired another real Gibson EB-0 short scale slot head bass and while not as bad, it too has the same neck dive. Same thing agin, a wide strap helped. My Epi G-400 SG guitar does the same thing too so I believe it really has to do whole lot to do with the design / neck placement as all three that I have use the same body design / thickness.

Oh. congrats on the purchase, I love mine, and am looking into another of my neck heavy favorites--the Thunderbird.

9. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Great deal. I tried one of those last week and it was pretty good. Perhaps the seller accidentally priced it as an EB-0 rather than an EB-3?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.