1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NBD! Lakland JO/55-60

Discussion in 'The BASS Place' started by TechJunky, Mar 2, 2012.

1. TechJunky

TechJunky TDPRI Member

Just got this bass in a trade yesterday. It's a Lakland Joe Osborn/55-60 (not sure which model designation is technically correct for the year, which I think is 2006 or 2007). It's a stunner, plays amazingly, and sounds exactly how I was hoping it would! The previous owner had an Audere preamp installed, but included the stock electronics. Originally I had planned to put the stock passive controls back in (since I was looking for a nice jazz bass), but the audere just sounds so dang good I'm not sure I want to mess with it. The neck is a little bit wider than the previous 5-strings I've owned, and the string spacing is much wider (19mm, same as most 4-strings and the same as my Streamer) but it's extremely comfortable to play and easy to adjust. Actually, I really enjoy the wider spacing at the bridge as it's easier to play without tripping over the other strings. All I need to do is slap on my trusty DR Lo-Riders, give it a proper set up (I did a quicky setup last night, but it could use some final tweaking once new strings are on), and install some strap locks, and I'll be all set!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dlb1001

dlb1001 Tele-Meister

Nice find! Had a 55-01 for awhile but traded it for a Lull. But, it played nice and a great sound.
    Have fun playing it.

3. ThreePlyGuy

ThreePlyGuy Friend of Leo's

Nice player, congrats on the trade.

4. bargeon

bargeon TDPRI Member

Maple on ash. Nice! --and matching headstock ;)
    Lakland do 5-string right.
    Congrats.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.