NBD G&L Tribute

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by harpdog, Feb 17, 2020.

1. harpdog

harpdog Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I'm a 6 string guy but tried a number of bass guitars today. I started with 2 big box stores because of both offering 15% discount for Presidents Day. I was thinking of a P/J set up. Yamaha, Ibanez, Squier, Cort, Fender. Of those, Fender sounded best followed closely by some active Ibanez. At the 3rd stop, a small independent, there was one G&L. Not the p/j set up but a Kiloton with single Humbucker with a toggle for series, parralell, or split. It was my favorite in feel and sound...not exactly p or j, but close. I was glad to bring it home. TI_KIL_111R47R10-front-1200-390x1170.png

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Nice!

harpdog likes this.
  3. harpdog

I figured I won't be playing it publicly for now, so plugged it into one of my guitar amps. It was OK but I could tell it was far too easy to push it too far...very hot signal! So I rushed out to GC to get a Fender Rumble 100 with the Pres Day discount. While the 25 or 40 would suit at home, I figured I'd want more power at some point. Nice amp and only 22 pounds.

4. Snfoilhat

Snfoilhat Tele-Afflicted

I like the family tree of basses descended from the precision bass. My first bass in years is a stingray, which has that same ancestor, and is a sort of cousin to the kiloton, which I'd have been at least as happy to have found.

harpdog likes this.
  5. harpdog

Absolutely right. I like the Stingray and might have tried a Sterling version but overlooked it searching for a p/j configuration. The bass guy in my church group plays one through a Rumble 100 and it sounds great. All said, it's all about the bass!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.