NBD! G&L content.

Bruxist

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
It has purple and chrome like a "plum crazy" hot rod!

Congrats!

Six bolts? That neck sure ain't going anywhere.

FMA

Poster Extraordinaire
I have had several G&Ls - an ASAT Classic Tribute was a fine guitar and I miss it - and currently have a G&L Tribute Legacy strat-style guitar. When I was looking for a relatively inexpensive Strat, the G&L played better and sounded better, to me, that the Player series strats I got my hands on. The trems on the Tribute Legacies are excellent. The pickups - the model I got has USA-made pickups - sounded better to me. The neck felt very good and the fretwork was perfect. One other thing, the Legacy has separate treble and bass tone controls instead of a single tone control. Very versatile.

Greg70

Tele-Holic
Beautiful bass! I'm curious about the 3 knobs and switch with a single pickup. Obviously there's a volume and tone but what else? Coil tap?

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Beautiful bass! I'm curious about the 3 knobs and switch with a single pickup. Obviously there's a volume and tone but what else? Coil tap?
First knob is volume. Other two are for treble and bass, but cut only. It’s passive so there’s no boost.

The switch is a three way toggle. All the way toward the neck is the humbucker in parallel. Middle position is single coil (makes a very convincing P bass noise) and the third position is what they call “OMG” mode. It’s the humbucker in series, with a cap to cut treble, so it comes across as a big bass boost.

It’s a lot of fun.

beninma

Friend of Leo's
Nice.. was it used?

I still can't believe the deal I got on my Doheny, which was also one of these Custom Build orders. The person who ordered it rejected it and it ended up on the rack at a big discount waiting for me to come get it.

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Nice.. was it used?

I still can't believe the deal I got on my Doheny, which was also one of these Custom Build orders. The person who ordered it rejected it and it ended up on the rack at a big discount waiting for me to come get it.
Not used. Brand spanking new. I’ve been playing it on my Monday gig for over a month now. I’m really loving it.