1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NBD! CS 51 pbass

Discussion in 'The BASS Place' started by Fender-guy, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Bonneville Bruce

Bonneville Bruce Tele-Holic

Beautiful bass and Tele!

2. Fender-guy

Fender-guy Tele-Holic

Thank you!

3. bargeon

bargeon TDPRI Member

I have the earlier CIJ school bus. I love the newer, more realistic blond color. Tone pot problems aside, these babies have plenty of volume. I can't tell from the pic, but those don't look like the smaller frets.

4. Fender-guy

Fender-guy Tele-Holic

Yes I love the colour on this one. It has the edges darker and front/back more of a blonde. Pretty much like the originals.

This one being a 2019 release says it’s true to the original 51 so I’d assume it has the vintage frets, they do look big so I’m not sure.

5. Big Lug

Big Lug Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

That’s a very nice looking bass. Congratulations!

I find I play with the tone knob on my P bass WAY more then I do on my tele. It can really make a difference.

Also, strings can have a HUGE impact on tone and playability. Don’t know what you currently have on it, but try experimenting with different strings (round wounds, flat wound, nickel plated, stainless steel, round core, hex core to name a few) and manufacturers.

I had a go with flats (La Bella), sounded great, but couldn’t gel with the feel (my fingers were “sticky”). Went with round wounds (DR Sunbeams) and really like them. Recently I put stainless steels (DR Hi Beams) on it. Like those as well. Not better then the Sunbeams, just a different good.

Your fingers and ears will tell you what’s right for you.

6. Fender-guy

Fender-guy Tele-Holic

I’ve actually spent way to much on strings since getting this one. The factory fender flats had a issue with the G string coming apart. So I figured go with a different brand. Ti flats, la bella deep talkin and a set of oem fender flats.

All feel great and have totally different tones. It’s hard to tell because all take time to break in, get rid of the initial zing. Finally after swapping around strings for months I have the Ti flats on.

These strings can cover most of the songs we cover so I’ll keep them on for now.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.