NBD, but it's on a Slow Boat From Mexico

ZenGuitarist

Tele-Afflicted
I own a P-bass but for a long time I've wanted to get a J-bass as well. There were several times when I nearly pulled the trigger on either the MIM or MIA Geddy Lee models, but something always held me back. I didn't know what I was looking for but I knew the Geddy Lee models weren't quite it.

However, when someone on TB posted a picture of the 75th Anniversary Jazz Bass, I knew right away that was the Jazz bass I wanted and today I ordered one. Here it is in its Diamond Anniversary finish and painted headstock glory:

J-bass1.jpg

So what's the bit about the Slow Boat From Mexico? Well, the downside is that the next shipment isn't expected to arrive in Canada until August 30. Yup, nearly 5 months from now. I put down a deposit on it so I should eventually get one, but it's going to be tough waiting for it to arrive. In the meantime all I have are pictures and YouTube videos to help me pass the time. I'm really curious to hear how the vintage-style '60s Jazz Bass pickups will sound compared to a standard MIM J-bass.

Manothemtns

Tele-Meister
I own a P-bass but for a long time I've wanted to get a J-bass as well. There were several times when I nearly pulled the trigger on either the MIM or MIA Geddy Lee models, but something always held me back. I didn't know what I was looking for but I knew the Geddy Lee models weren't quite it.

However, when someone on TB posted a picture of the 75th Anniversary Jazz Bass, I knew right away that was the Jazz bass I wanted and today I ordered one. Here it is in its Diamond Anniversary finish and painted headstock glory:

View attachment 843080

So what's the bit about the Slow Boat From Mexico? Well, the downside is that the next shipment isn't expected to arrive in Canada until August 30. Yup, nearly 5 months from now. I put down a deposit on it so I should eventually get one, but it's going to be tough waiting for it to arrive. In the meantime all I have are pictures and YouTube videos to help me pass the time. I'm really curious to hear how the vintage-style '60s Jazz Bass pickups will sound compared to a standard MIM J-bass.
Sorry, no commentary on your thread. Just writing to ask what color is your avatar Fender wearing? Pretty cool!

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I think they look great. I love the color and Jazz basses are so much fun. I don't need another one but dang, that is hot. Enjoy.