NBC's "My Name Is Earl"

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Guitarzan, Apr 1, 2009.

1. milkshape

milkshape Tele-Holic

great music too, played John Prine on the last episode.

2. Tim73

Tim73 Friend of Leo's

Love it, been addicted since series 1

3. dougk

dougk Tele-Holic

Couldn't agree more... I mean its a tough decision but good lord is Nadine smokin hot.

btw thursday night line up goes like this:

My Name is Earl = good, Office = great, 30 Rock = best written show on TV.

(btw I think the first "Cops" episode of Earl was its best episode... my sides hurt for days after that one)

4. shakewithsquier

shakewithsquier Tele-Meister

loved first two series, but since 2, imo its gone from bad to worse, have given up watching now :(

mmm nadine haha

5. NewGuy410

NewGuy410 Tele-Meister

I didn't catch "biteNUKER" before, haha. I love 30 Rock ... the Office too.
    Never got into Earl though.

Kinda off topic but ... any Arrested Development fans?

6. Frontier9

Frontier9 Friend of Leo's

:D Well put!

7. J-man

J-man Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    I've only seen a couple of episodes and the odd bit here and there, but it seems pretty good.

8. ramblinmike

ramblinmike Tele-Afflicted

Hahah I knew what the first part meant in French, but had to look up the second part (dutch). It was in the episode with the mini-microwave that Jack couldn't get an internationally approved name for. (Aired 3 or 4 weeks ago)

LOVE Arrested Devlopment. Have all the DVDs, occasionally go back and watch them all. That show (like 30 Rock) is jokes upon jokes upon jokes. As much as I love 30 Rock, AD towers over it.

9. NewGuy410

NewGuy410 Tele-Meister

Oh I remember the episode ... "Fun Cooker" haha

I've got the DVDs too, Hermano. I've seen the first season so many times from trying to get my friends hooked on the show. Best show ever.

10. JPark

JPark Tele-Afflicted

That's what it's called, I couldn't remember. I couldn't stop laughing after we heard the origin of "Fun Cooker" :lol::lol::lol:

11. Big John

Big John RIP

Yes, big fan here but 'lowbrow' ?, depends what you are comparing it to i guess ! :D

Love Catalina too ;)

12. RomanS

RomanS Poster Extraordinaire

Loved that show, unfortunately, they only showed the first two seasons over her - the DVD boxes are already on my Amzon wish list.
    Oh, and I also like Scrubs, but find The Office extremely boring (I guess it's only funny if you ever worked in an office myself - which I never have & never will!)

13. Willie D

Willie D Friend of Leo's

You're right Big John. The subjects of the show are lowbrow, but the writing and humor are decidedly and deceptively sophisticated. I wouldn't have started watching if Jason Lee weren't playing the title character - he's generally "smart funny" so I figured there was a good chance Earl wouldn't be a stupid show.

14. pirana

pirana Tele-Meister

I love The Office & think it's the best sitcom on tv. I like My Name Is Earl ok too but since I found out the actor who plays Earl is in real life a scientoligist I don't have much respect for the guy.

15. podboy3

podboy3 Tele-Afflicted

I forgot about Catalina on "Earl", man what a girl that is.

I also like 30 rock, The Office, the Simpsons, Family Guy is a must see, and I miss Arrested Development, Arrested is another one I did not think I was gonna like but we tuned in for the first episode and the wife and I were hooked.

16. keelbolts

keelbolts TDPRI Member

I'm not watching much TV these days, but I watched it from the beginning. Did you see the show where the guy w/ no legs chased Earl down & beat him with a sign. Aside from my love of the politically incorrect, you know you're having a bad day when a legless man chases and catches you.

Or the one where they're golfing and a golfer asks Earl what his brother's handicap is & he replies that his brother is just a little slow. It puts a smile on my face even now.

As for the actor's life off screen, I admit, also, to being aware of such things, but I suspect if you knew about most actors' and musicians' personal lives & beliefs you'd find it hard to watch and/or listen to most of what's out there.

17. PapaBeef

PapaBeef Friend of Leo's

Earl is one of the handful of shows I actually watch.
    Loved the episode with Roseanne...Her hearing aid would pick up Earl & Randy's walkie talkies. And they convinced her they were the voice of God & made them do stuff for them.
    Then she became a nun & Earl came clean to her while she was throwing a birthday party at an orphanage or something & she suddenly reverted back to her mean & nasty old self.
    I also like The Office, 30 Rock, The Simpsons, Scrubs, Family Guy & a few other animated shows.
    Also miss Arrested Development.
    That was another great show.

18. FirstBassman

FirstBassman Friend of Leo's

Seen it only a couple of times.
    It had its clever moments.

And, as others have said, any show that has Jaime Pressly playing trailer trash already has a lot going for it.

19. bosstone

bosstone Tele-Afflicted

Joy to Earl after he had stolen a squad for her in a parody of "Cops" "!@#$%%^." Earl puts his finger to his lips and says "shhh, you had me at suck."

Joy to someone at "The Crab Shack" after a girl with a short skirt turns on her bar stool, "Did she just give him a bottom wink?"

20. Big John

Big John RIP

And how cooooool is Darnelle ?, with or without the back story.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.