1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Nashville Variation

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Blues Twanger, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Blues Twanger

Blues Twanger Tele-Meister

Who here has experience with a Nashville'd Tele but dropping the Tele neck pickup to have a pair of Strat types in neck and middle? As usual I have spare parts and free time.

If so please share your experiences. Or pics, pics are good.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  2. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Twanger, I converted one of my MIM Deluxe Nashvilles to two RWRP matching Seymour Duncan SSL-1 pickups and used a Bill and Becky Keystone in the bridge position - which also functioned RWRP vis a vis the middle pickup.

Black pickguard, black S pickup covers, honey blonde polyester body finish over ash. Maple neck.

If you like the SSL-1, you should like this combination.

3. Blues Twanger

I have a set of Fat 50s I might use along with an SD Broadcaster in this case.

4. boris bubbanov

Be careful, because the Fat 50s (Fender) and the Broadcaster (SD) use different schemes in terms of winding direction and polarity. Unless that Seymour was custom ordered to be Fender compatible, the pickup will end up out of phase or be non noise canceling.

5. Blues Twanger

Noise cancelling or not doesn't bother me. As long as I can get them in phase I can rock it.

jfgesquire likes this.
  6. boris bubbanov

I hear you.

I just find with 3 pickups and so many wires and connections, there's a lot of noise to contend with. 60 cycle cancellation is a break from more of that.

7. Mike M

Mike M Tele-Meister

Just Nashville'd my 92. Roasted maple neck, SD Mini in neck, Area 58 in the middle, 5 way position switch with push/pull on the tone, to get all 7 sounds

IMG_3642.jpg IMG_3643.jpg

8. Mleffler1

Mleffler1 TDPRI Member

Re: fender vs SD wiring issues: Just reverse the green and black wires on the SD. I run into this all of the time. Easier to change just 1 pickup vs the other 2.

9. Blues Twanger

I prefer to run all three same polarity and winding direction and not worry about it.

10. preactor

preactor Tele-Holic

Peavey Patriot Neck, Muslady Body. 5 way Strat wiring with Push Pull to give 7 Pickup Combos. DSCN3332.JPG

McGlamRock, Mike M and Blues Twanger like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.