Nashville TV show

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by dlew919, Aug 23, 2015.

1. dlew919

dlew919 Poster Extraordinaire

I'm late to the party, but, darn, this is a good show. The soundtrack is pretty much perfect (not that I like every song in the soundtrack (though I do like a lot of them)), but they are exactly right. The performances, particularly Connie Britton and Powers Booth are spot on.

And my word, the guitars are nice.

I'm halfway through the seocnd season: but what do you all think?

2. Dustin_J

Dustin_J Tele-Meister

It's a guilty pleasure for my wife and I. It's very much a soap opera, but it's still kind of fun. The music is surprisingly good as well. I think T-Bone Burnett was musical director for the first year and then Buddy Miller took over, which would explain that.

On a side note, we've been to Nashville a few times since the show started and it's pretty polarizing. I think the Big Country Music/Nashville tourism concerns are thrilled with how much attention (and tourism) it's brought to the city. The "fringe"/indie crowd seems to absolutely despise it, though.

3. Fearnot

Fearnot Friend of Leo's

'Guilty pleasure' works for me, though as the series goes on, it becomes less and less about musicians trying to make it in Nashville, and more about the trials and tribulations of being pretty, petty (and promiscuous) country music stars. Yaawwwwwn.

The guitars are nice.

4. HC

HC Tele-Holic

Yeah, I've been watching it, it's okay for a sunday night. There's a lot of great songs there, I'm not very into the Rayna James stuff stuff though. But as mentioned, the plot has gotten pretty bad. I find it pretty funny how fast tours get organized/cancelled. Booking an arena tour seems to be no big deal in that world. :)

5. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

I've never watched it. But i ran across this song from the show-really like it and it's next on my list to learn.

The sisters harmonize well.

6. Vladimir

Vladimir Friend of Leo's

IMO, one of the best shows on TV right now, if you're into country.

7. adjason

adjason Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

My wife and I watched every episode. Soap opera but a good one none the less

8. OlRedNeckHippy

OlRedNeckHippy Friend of Leo's

Yea, I really enjoy it too.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.